PDA

View Full Version : Quiet spot for a quick nap?

PETE FROM NYC
08-25-2012, 05:58 PM
In each park, are there any quiet shaded places to catch a few zzzzz? We will have an older person with us who may need a break here and there.
I got a decent spot in AK, next to Tusker House, but I just can't think of any in the other parks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-25-2012, 06:32 PM
In the other parks, I'd head inside for a break.

In MK, the Hall of Presidents is often cited as a good place for a nap, and it is dark, cool and long. Same with Ellen & The American Adventure at Epcot and the Great Movie Ride at DHS.

Now, I've never actually slept on any of these, but they are good for a break, since you're off your feet for a while, and it is cool, so a good break from the heat.

dmallan
08-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Quiet, dark, and air-conditioned...I'd go to American Adventure or Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot, Hall of Presidents in MK,
and Voyage of the LIttle Mermaid in DHS!

Seriously, I really try to stay awake through AA, but it's just so comfortable in there that I can never make it through the whole show!

Dulcee
08-25-2012, 06:52 PM
My father was always a fan of the American Adventure and the Hall of Presidents for naps. :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Spaceship Earth :D

VWL Mom
08-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Muppets at DHS and CoP in MK are always nice and cool places for a quick nap.

LandFan
08-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Seriously, I really try to stay awake through AA, but it's just so comfortable in there that I can never make it through the whole show!

Me too! Isn't it :blush:? I actually really LIKE the show and try as I might, I typically doze off halfway through it, lol.

texas211
08-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Epcot- The france movie. Comfortable seats, soothing content. Out.

DHS- THe Walt Disney Story- movie or exhibit area. However, both are really good and interesting.

CosmicRay
08-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Another one for Hall of Presidents! I, get in there and I get comfy and before I know it DH is tapping me to leave.

dmallan
08-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Me too! Isn't it :blush:? I actually really LIKE the show and try as I might, I typically doze off halfway through it, lol.

Yup! Each time I tell myself, I'm going to do it this time. But I end up dozing off and waking up when the chorus comes in "AMERICA, Spread your golden wings..."

BriarRose0708
08-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I might also add Carousel of Progress in the MK. It's a great attraction but just the right amount of time for a cat nap!

A short monorail ride away are the beaches at the Grand Floridian and Poly. I love snagging a hammock or lounger in the shade and taking a nice break with a Dole Whip or a drink!

As others have said, in EPCOT Ellen's Energy Adventure is a good one for snoozing, but a bit loud. The film in the France pavilion, Impressions De France, has a beautiful soundtrack to doze off to, it's cool in there, and you actually sit instead of stand!

Gator
08-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Universe of Energy!!! Even with the hard seats, you can't help but let your head bob up and down. Especially if you hit it in the afternoon.

Janmac
08-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Here's another France movie at Epcot vote. DH has napped here easier than American Adventure.

At Animal Kingdom, another quiet resting place we've found is outside the Dinosaur ride, other side of the Park from Tusker House. It's shaded, and has a bit of a roof too, if memory serves.

If you're needing a quiet outdoor place at MK, perhaps down by the water near the raft to Tom Sawyers Island.

Do they still have rockers at Aunt Polly's?

Jan

BrerSchultzy
08-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Aunt Polly's would be nice (yes the rockers are still there), but every fifteen minutes the whistle goes off on the ferry. Quite a rude awakening.

Personally, I vote for heading over to the First Aid stations, and grabbing a quick nap in the lobby/waiting area. They are rarely used, and when my wife was pregnant, she napped there for two hours. The lady behind the desk says that happens all the time, and as long as it's not busy, they don't mind.

Also, in MK, the smoking area by the restrooms near Space Mountain, or the benches back in the little cul de sac on Main St. (near the jewelry store).
In Epcot, the Odyssey first aid center or the benches in the back part of the Japan pavilion.
Disney Studios....well...there used to be some great quiet benches around the corner from MuppetVision 3-D, near Mama Melrose's...but I haven't seen them in a while.
AK has a bunch...my favorite would have to be over by Tusker House as well....but that area just outside of Maharajah Jungle Trek is really quiet too....as is the smoking area just past the gibbons.

As you can tell, we take our relaxation seriously in our family.

Ms. Mode
08-30-2012, 08:02 AM
My father was always a fan of the American Adventure and the Hall of Presidents for naps. :blush:

My DH has never seen the show...he sleeps through it every time! He also sleeps though Spaceship Earth (I love that ride, how can you sleep through that?)

IloveJack
08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
We snagged a bench in the garden at the back of the UK in Epcot and all of us girls piled on DH for a nap in the afternoon. It was comfy and quiet, and we didn't have to get up when a ride was over.

Mousemates
08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
we often take a break from the park and go back to the resort for a swim and power nap....so my "in park" napping is minimal...but HOP is as good a place as any in the MK.

princessgirls
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Our whole family took a nap in Ellen's Energy Adventure....LOL!!!

My DH's five favorite nap spots:

Tiki Room
Hall of Presidents
It's a small world
Spaceship Earth
TTA

Julie:mickey:

jnfr2424
08-31-2012, 04:43 AM
In AK at Nemo it just happens but I felt so refreshed afterwards

tronco12
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Each time I tell myself, I'm going to do it this time

buzznwoodysmom
09-01-2012, 11:11 AM

LOL. On one hot June day DH and I really needed a break from the heat. Our boys were so mad that we were "making" them go to this attraction (American Adventure). Half way through I could feel my head bobbing. I took a look around me, DH was fast asleep, as was the gentleman sitting next to me, I was on the verge of falling asleep as well. The boys.....they were totally into the attraction.

rnin02
09-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I can never stop myself from napping at the Hall of Presidents, American Adventure or Ellen's universe of energy. maybe one day i will see the whole thing;)

phlo8810
09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
The Nemo show in AK. Very long and very air conditioned. I felt so good coming out of that.

natstroop
09-03-2012, 10:49 PM
The last trip, my DH said he was going to take a nap when we went into American Adventure. I was a little terrified because he snores very loudly. About five minutes into the show I start to hear it. I turn to DH and get ready to smack him one and to my surprise it wasn't him. It was another guy behind us...who's wife looked pretty embarrassed. DH didn't make a peep the whole show and got some much needed rest.