PDA

View Full Version : How does waitlist work?

gratuspater
08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Can anyone explain how waitlist works? For the week we are looking at going, the first day is not available, so i booked 2 different rooms, one for 1 day the other for the rest of the days. Thanks for any info!:mickey:

VWL Mom
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
You waitlist the day (or days) you are looking for. If you're doing it online they ask what reservation you want to replace if the waitlist clears. Once it clears you can call MS and they will combine it for you so you only need to check in once. The first time I called I was told it could only be linked but I called back for something else and was told they should have been combine and she did it for me.

MinnieMommie
08-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I would check with MS to make sure your waitlist is for 7 days out. Also, Keep checking online. You may find something as it opens. If there is a difference in points between what you have booked and your waitlist then DVC will need to be called to reallocate the points for you.

This is not specific to your situation because you are only waitlisting for 1 night but if you are waitllisting for multiple nights and one or more of the nights become available you will not receive those nights. Only when all the nights you are requesting become available will your waitlist come through. This is another reason to check the book online option frequently (including after DVC phone hours).

We have a complicated trip coming up and our days and number of people have changed for the beginning of our trip so we have been working closely with MS to work this out and we are all but one day to where we need to be. I have been finding the days through the member booking option and MS has been reallocating the pts for us. So far so good. :thumbsup: