PDA

View Full Version : Where would you be from?

CosmicRay
08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I was thinking today, if I were to work at WDW and they asked me where I'm from to put on my name tag, I don't know where I'd say. I grew up in one town in Texas for 20 years, but I then moved to another town that I'm in now for the past 10 years.

I'm sure Disney has this method down already, but I was just wondering what YOU would do.

So, If you were to have your home town on a name tag
1) would you chose the town you lived in the longest? Or the most recent town you moved from?

2) Tell me what town would be on your tag.

I think I'd choose where I grew up and that's Colleyville, TX

Melanie
08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Where I was born and grew up, because technically that's where I'm "from".

Winston-Salem, NC

CajunDisneyDad
08-24-2012, 11:56 AM
I would have to put
Chataignier, LA and put up with a million questions about how to say it, where is it, etc lol. And I would keep a large lollipop on me for the one crazy persont that could say it right lol.

Dopey's Girl
08-24-2012, 11:59 AM
St Paul, MN...born and raised. So boring!

buzznwoodysmom
08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I would probably put where I live now. Lafayette, Louisiana.

I was born and raised just 20 minutes from here in St. Martinville, Louisiana, but all my life when asked where I was from I just always said Lafayette, since people were usually familiar with Lafayette. Any time I said St. Martinville I would get, "where is that?" LOL.

Even before we made the big 20 minute move, lol, we always shopped here, ate out here, worked here, and both DH and I went to college here. So it feels like this is where I'm "from". Before we moved here DH and I used to joke that we "live" in Lafayette, and just sleep at our house.

minnie04
08-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Born in Buffalo, NY and moved to Miami, Florida when I was two, so I guess it would say

Miami, Fl :mickey:

sonamae80
08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Considering I live (now) about 30 minutes from where I was born/raised, I'll go with Cornelius, NC. Born in Charlotte, moved to Cornelius, NC when I was 5 and have been here ever since! :)

cajunprincess
08-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Thibodaux, LA!!!

Kenny1113
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Born in Dayton OH. Lived there until I was almost nine, moved down here to Miami and been here ever since.

So technically I "grew up" in both places. :D
But, I would probably say Miami as I have been here the longest and more familiar with it. I can see some one talking to me about Dayton and me having no idea what they are talking about. It has changed so much over the years.

Disney4us2
08-24-2012, 03:16 PM
My Disneyland name tag says: Granada Hills, CA I would probably keep it the same. I grew up here although I was born in Chicago, lived in Honolulu, Hawaii/ Salt Lake City, UT & So California.

CosmicRay
08-24-2012, 04:36 PM
St Paul, MN...born and raised. So boring!

I love Garrison Keillor and his stories of flat/cold MN.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Proudly born in Hopskinsville, KY. (Go Wildcats) Grew up kinda in the middle of no where upstate SC - Could say from Spartanburg or Boiling Springs, SC. (Spent a little time in Sylva, NC too)
Adult years have found me in Columbia and Florence, SC too.
Have been in New Bern NC for the past 13 yrs (raised my 4 children - born in 3 different towns in SC - here)......so where would I put??
No idea.

Tink#64
08-26-2012, 03:19 AM
In the words of Alan Jackson- " Where I come from, it's cornbread & chicken where I come from, alot of front porch sittin, where I come from, tryin to make a livin, & workin hard to get to heaven, where I come from... Well I was headed home on 65 somewhere around Kentucky... - Louisville, Ky that is! :D

Tink#64
08-26-2012, 03:25 AM
MstngDrvnDsnyLvr... My Bluegrass Buddy - Go KY Wildcats! :paw:

steamboat willy
08-26-2012, 12:16 PM
My DISNEY Name Tag ONLY had my first name, "Steve" back in the beginning days of the Magic Kingdom before the addition of the city and state to the tags.
Now it would say, Salisbury, NC.
Hey Melanie, just drove thru WS last week!
A lot of North Carolinian's Posting here! :cool:

missastrocat
08-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Born 30 minutes away, but I would definitely put Midlothian, VA down as where I was from. My DH would have a better "from" being Inverness, Scotland.