PDA

View Full Version : WiFi in MK = UGH

VWL Mom
08-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Downloaded the new My Disney Experience, turned off 3G, and set out for MK yesterday. After 30 minutes of painfully slow response, having to open and close app to get updates, and general frustration I went back to 3G and Mobile Magic. Considering it's not even crowded right now, this needs work!

faline
08-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I heard the new ap was still in Beta phase and might be buggy. Perhaps it's good that I have android and can't access it!!

Melanie
08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Not surprised.

azcavalier
08-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Are saying that there is supposed to be Wi-Fi IN the Magic Kingdom? For free? Well, I guess nothing in the MK is free as we pay through the nose for tickets. But still.....why would they do that? In the resorts, sure. But the park? That would be expensive to roll out and maintain for no added revenue, and to what end?

floridamom
08-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Are saying that there is supposed to be Wi-Fi IN the Magic Kingdom? For free? Well, I guess nothing in the MK is free as we pay through the nose for tickets. But still.....why would they do that? In the resorts, sure. But the park? That would be expensive to roll out and maintain for no added revenue, and to what end?

Guessing it's all related to future Next-Gen developments. We shall see ...

ChipNDale79
08-23-2012, 09:37 AM

It's all related to the NextGen project.