PDA

View Full Version : Places to meet up in all 4 parks

disneysmiles
08-23-2012, 05:28 AM
We will be a group of 10, possibly as many as 18. 6 different families.
With so many, we are planning to start our days at the same park with each family going at their own pace.

We do want to meet up every night for dinner or the fireworks or parade. Don't want to use the parks icons such as the castle in MK because those areas get so crowded. I'm looking for ideas on uncrowded places a group can meet up and actually find each other.

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Main Street Jim
08-23-2012, 07:57 AM
MK: In between Cosmic Ray's and the Speedway.

EPCOT: There's an area between Mission: Space and Test Track with some benches, and the trees provide some nice shade. Don't recall if this is/was a smoking area, though...

Studios: Corner at the end of Sunset Blvd., near Tower of Terror/R'nRC.

Animal Kingdom: at the corner where you turn off of Discovery Island to go toward Camp Minnie-Mickey, near Pizzafari.

:thumbsup::mickey:

azcavalier
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Epcot - the Fountain of Nations, on the side facing the World Showcase. That's a big plaza, most people are going around the edges. The middle should be fairly open.

MK - I would pick a place in front of a less popular attraction, like the Shooting Arcade in Frontierland. Another place could be the benches by the Swiss Family Treehouse. We sometimes meet up by the benches by the Firehouse close to the entrance.

AK - Hard to pick a place that's not close to the Tree of Life, but that's still not a ways out. Chester & Hester's roadside carnival area is a pretty good place. It's NEVER crowded! Otherwise, I would suggest around the Flame Tree BBQ area

DHS - the Muppet Plaza, by the fountain. Or more towards the main plaza of the park by the Gertie dinosaur refreshment stand.

Lindsey310
08-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Epcot: entrance to spaceship earth/near test track there is a small pizza place/outside of the living seas.

Hollywood studios: area between rock 'n' roller coaster and tower of terror. Dinosaur gertie is a good choice too.

Magic kingdom: in front of main street bakery, caseys corner or the area in front of haunted mansion.

Animal kingdom: entrance to Dino land where the big dinosaurs are. Where the big croc is stationed in Dino land. Entrance to rainforest cafe where the waterfall is. Entrance to Tusker house restaurant.

Have a great time :mickey:

6 days!!!! :mickey:

Gator
08-23-2012, 12:32 PM
MK: On the bridge to Tomorrowland under the weird looking contraption.

Epcot: There's a giant date palm about 100 ft from the entrance of Imagination. It's next to a bathroom, so it's a chance for that needed potty break for the kids.

DHS: I'd go with the head statues near the Indy stunt show.

AK: This one's the hard park to pick just one spot. I would go with meeting under Gertie, the giant yellow dinosaur. It's hard to miss.

Quadstriker
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
The correct answer for Epcot is Intercot's Gary's Column.

Rhetoric2000
08-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Hmmm, plenty of good answers here but this is a good game. I'd go with

MK - The Main Street side of the Tomorrowland Terrace (even better if it's shut). If you have a littl'un they have the castle to go by if they're lost, but it's not in front of the castle (that would be madness). You can access it quickly-ish from all parts of the park, too.

DHS - Outside the frozen concoctions shot - which has a very distinct window, is usually a quiet walkway and is only just of the main park entrance walkway.

Epcot - Simple. Ice Station Cool.

AK - Outside Anandapur Tea Shop. Lovely place to just "be" while you're waiting - gibbons for the kids, tea for the adults (or vice versa). Beware of the ducks.

disneysmiles
08-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks everyone! Some really great ideas here! I'm going to make sure to bring a odd colored sharpie that will stand out and mark our meeting place on everyone's map.

I especially like the idea of meeting up near bathrooms! Better to have people go before we set out than have to go 10 minutes after the parade starts or after we've been seated for a meal.

wdwfansince75
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Our trips have always been with larger groups, usually 10 or more...
In general, most parks, the seating for counter service venues is relatively open during the late afternoons and early evenings...chance to sit, get drinks, bathrooms close by...but we have used other spots as well...

MK...The terrace was "Our Rendevous" place for a long time...seating, and close to bathrooms...but now, it is often blocked off...when it is closed, or overcrowded, we use the smoking area next to the water, in front of the Plaza...rarely crowded, even on the busiest of days. Good access to most of the park from there...
EPCOT...the undepass outside of Mousegears has always worked for us....Some have advised the seating area outside Odessey, which does have bathrooms, but the seating outside Mousegears has worked well for us.
DHS...Pizza Planet usually has open tables, or the tables along the lake, across from Hollywood and Vine...depends on where we are going to next.
AK...usually, only time we have all done AK at the same time, we have rendezvoused for the character breakfast...at Restuarantasaurus, or Tusker House...Never found a reasonably convenient rendezvous point, except the bus stops...usually, on the AK day, we go elsewhere for dinner...and then to MK, if, as usual, we have hoppers.

BIGDOG
08-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Wouldn't it be allot easier to just meet at the front door of where you’re eating dinner each night?

texas211
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Tomorrowland- Benches by the old Flight of the Navigator closer to Space Mountain (under the wedway).

Epcot- Universe of energy has several benches over by it.

DHS- Dessert store near the BnB show.

AK.. Parking lot. Best place to be.

Main Street Jim
08-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Tomorrowland- Benches by the old Flight of the Navigator closer to Space Mountain (under the wedway)......huh? :confused::confused::confused:

Never heard of this one....I mean, I know the *movie*....but....??

wdwfansince75
08-24-2012, 08:47 PM
.....huh? :confused::confused::confused:

Never heard of this one....I mean, I know the *movie*....but....??

Think Texas211 means the site of the former Skyway to Fantasyland...again, good open area, close to restrooms...currently (at least in 2010 and 2011) a smoking area. Kind of out of the way from any of the dining venues, and definitely away from any of the parades..but not a bad spot for Wishes.