PDA

View Full Version : Renting DVC

Airblue1
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I have been in close contact with Jason from the Timeshares store. We are looking to rent points and put a package together. I have a few questions if u guys could help with:
Our scenario is two adults one child looking at deluxe studio:
Bay Lake Towers, Wilderness Lodge, AKL Concierge level or Beach Club in no order.
1. Which of these do you guys like the best?
2. Has anyone worked with Timeshares store and had a positive experience?
3. Is it feasible to do the rental and attach, food plan, tickets and Magic Express?

Thanks and have a magical day!!!:mickey:

(I hope I am in the right area for this question?)

DizneyRox
08-23-2012, 06:57 AM
1. Beach Club. Location, location, location. While I love AKL, concierge (club level) is at Jambo House and it's usually pretty chaotic over there. I don't like the Contemporary, and Wilderness Lodge was a hassle when we stayed there. Is nice, but we just didn't care for it.
2. Yes, lots of people have had positive experiences with them, they are reputable.
3. Yes, the member will need to make those arrangements, but they can be. No real need to do tickets until you arrive though, unless there's a ticket price looming, which wouldn't surprise me.

VWL Mom
08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you'll be spending most of your time at MK then BLT and WL are both great choices. More time at Epcot, then go Beach Club.

With BLT a big plus IMO is the ability to walk to MK and at Beach Club you can walk to Epcot and DHS. Another plus for Beach Club is the pool.

One thing I don't like about the Epcot resorts is the lack of CS. I miss the ability to grab something in the morning.

We're partial to WL mostly because of the theming and for us it's home. We''ll be trying AKL for the first time in November so I can't comment on that.

For sure, they are all great picks and a tough choice.

Airblue1
08-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Thank you guys do much!!!!!!!!
I was leaning towards WL b/c of its proximity to MK and its theming element.
So buy the tickets at the resort.
ME is included.
Timeshare store is legit?!! (Jason)
Why doesn't everyone do this?
Are WL rooms far from the pool, transportation etc??
Thanks again so very much!

faline
08-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Timeshare store is legit?!! (Jason)
Why doesn't everyone do this?
Are WL rooms far from the pool, transportation etc??
Thanks again so very much!

They sure are legit. We purchased our points through the Timeshare store and they were great to work with!

The vacation club rooms are located in a building separate from the regular hotel rooms. There is a quiet pool right outside this building and it is just a short walk from the main pool
The walk to the boat is a little bit longer but the walk to the bus might actually be shorter depending on where your rooms are located.

Lindsey310
08-23-2012, 09:48 AM
I have stayed at 3 out of 4. Love love love (and my favorite resort) animal kingdom lodge. However the location is kind of out there but the atmosphere is top notch.
Love the beach club and wilderness lodge. Beach club has great proximity to epcot and the boardwalk is right around the lagoon area (which makes for great entertainment) and wilderness lodge has great proximity to magic kingdom.
This is a hard choice. I would say it depends on what your needs are (ie, do you want to be close to the parks, looking for more night time entertainment etc)
I have heard the rooms at beach club need a little tlc, I can't comment bc it has been a few years since we stayed there. Just stayed at wilderness lodge Villas in march 2012 and loved it however I don't like their restaurants on site. Great main pool but crowded and the quiet pool near the villas is good. Not a long walk to the main pool but the villas are in a separate building, more near the woods area.
:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, Jason at The Timeshare Store is 100% legit!
We have gone through him to rent extra points and would use him again if needed and I have recommended him to others who have also been pleased.

Airblue1
08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
As much as we love Beach club, our 1.5 yr old would be doing more around MK. So WL or BLT seem to be our choices. So basically I can put my own package together, as far as tickets and food is concerned? Once I book via Jason there can't be turning back from either partner, correct? Which is fine on my end for sure! I truly hope this works out. It seems the magic your packages are getting steeper and steeper each year.

tjstrike
08-23-2012, 01:30 PM
We've never stayed at WL but BLT is awesome !!! I would definetely recommend it to anybody.

NewDVCowner
08-23-2012, 02:40 PM
If you're doing the dining plan it needs to be paid for when it's booked (the dining plan, not the room reservation), it's not something that you can pay for when you arrive anymore. I just booked and paid for the dining plan for my family - which is seven adults. Rather than putting it all on my credit card and them paying me back I had them all get Disney gift cards in the amount of their plan. I'm not sure how booking the dining plan works with renting DVC points, but the member does need to add it to the reservation. You probably don't want to give a stranger a credit card number, so that might be a good way to get that paid for.

VWL Mom
08-25-2012, 08:37 AM
So basically I can put my own package together, as far as tickets and food is concerned? Once I book via Jason there can't be turning back from either partner, correct? Which is fine on my end for sure! I truly hope this works out.

There is no turning back but there should be trip insurance available through TSS. You let them know if you want ME or the DDP and they'll set it up. Only thing left for you to do would be tickets.

They will send you the actual reservation number when it's confirmed so even though you'll not be able to change anything, you will have access to view the reservation.

JMTStone
09-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Bay Lake Towers, Wilderness Lodge, AKL Concierge level or Beach Club in no order.
3. Is it feasible to do the rental and attach, food plan, tickets and Magic Express?

1 BLT - If you happen to get the view to MK you can enjoy that AND we've also gone to the top and watched it there with a cocktail
2 Yes and Good. I've worked with Scott for buying points and it was easy peasy.
3 Yes, its just like any other reservation.
4 Go Steelers

BuffaloJason
06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I have been in close contact with Jason from the Timeshares store. We are looking to rent points and put a package together. I have a few questions if u guys could help with:

Thanks and have a magical day!!!:mickey:

(I hope I am in the right area for this question?)

Hey just out of curiosity, what did you end up deciding to do? My family and I are wrestling with pretty much the same set of questions.