PDA

View Full Version : Snacks- cost?

minnie-mouse
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
About how much would you estimate a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) would spend on snacks in the parks a day, if paying OOP?

Disney Hungarian
08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I would estimate the average snack to be around $4. Depending on your family's eating habits; $16 for a day for 1snack each. If your family is like my mother who can eat 4 cream cheese pretzels a day...:thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
08-22-2012, 05:21 PM
LOL! Cool, thanks. I will definitely be looking for the Mickey shaped pretzels when I go. :mickey:

Anthony007
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
For my wife and I, we budget $20, and $35 at MK and EP due to doles whips and school bread.

Remember EP is filled with little snacks from around the world. A gelato in Italy, a pastry in France, school bread in Norway and suddenly you are broke!

TinkerbellT421
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
If you are inquiring to compare snack credits on the dinning plan versus OOP costs, then the maximum credit worth of a snack on the dinning plan is $4.00. So, to be safe, budget about $4.00 per person, per one snack a day. The dinning plan will never provide a snack worth more than $4.00.

Tink#64
08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Family of 4 here, with 2 teen DS's & I roughly budget $10.00 each for lunch & dinner for CS, more obviously for TS, and a total of $25.00 per day for the 4 of us for snacks. This is a comfortable budget that allows for the occasional soft drink (I tote a water bottle that we refill) an icecream or like treat, or maybe a popcorn while viewing a parade or fireworks. We don't get all these snacks every day, but other days DH & I might want an adult beverage or DS's might want someting extra, so it usually all averages out ok & we rarely go over budget on food! :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks, yes we will tote a few bottles of water with us, but I forgot we may want a soda too here and there. So if I budget $25 a day, that should cover everything, I hope. We were thinking of doing DDP, but Dh is against it.

TheDuckRocks
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
The dinning plan will never provide a snack worth more than $4.00.

Yes, they do! I have often gotten things up to $4.49 for a snack credit. Just watch for those little purple DP things and you might be surprised what you can get. The one that comes to mind is the sweet pretzel at Norway in Epcot. The last time we were there the price was $4.29 and I was allowed to use my DDP snack credit.