PDA

View Full Version : 2013 dining plan

kgoulash
08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
hi all, i haven't used the disney dining plan in quite awhile so please bear with me.

we are traveling to the world for the jan 2013 marathon weekend, with the magic my way plus dining option.
i downloaded the 2013 dining plan info where it lists Be Our Guest as 1 TS credit and Cali Grill as 2 TS credits, so i made the reservations today for these restaurants.
when i received my conformation emails there is a chart showing what plans these restaurants accept and both show the dining plan as not accepted unless you upgrade to the deluxe plan

then i made a reservation for San Angel Inn and though they are accepting the dining plan for 2012 they show no acceptance for any plan in 2013

so, is it still reasonable for SAI to pick up the plan for 2013? or should i plan on paying out of pocket for this one?

what's going on with the discrepency with BOG and CG?

any thoughts, experience??
i really hate all the work the dp takes but once there i don't want to have problems
thank you in advance for your help

Tink1
08-22-2012, 09:14 AM
The non-Disney owned restaurants do not sign theit contracts until later in the year so they cannot put them on the initial brochure. The finalized brochure will be released in December.

This happens every year. I anticipate that SAI will sign on, as they have every year in the past.

Nanc

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I've never heard of this before, that there is a distinguishment between the regular DDP and the Deluxe DDP. A table service entitlement is an entitlement regardless of which plan you are on. Isn't the difference between the two plans simply that you get more entitlements on the DDP?

A restaurant might be deemed a signature restaurant and require 2TS or be like HDDR or CRT and require 2TS, but it makes no difference if the 2TS comes from DDP or Deluxe DDP.

I could be wrong, but your information doesn't sound correct.

I don't think all the restaurants have been finalized of yet, so you are probably look at a preliminary list, I wouldn't worry about SAI, it will probably remain on the DDP.

mgmnut
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
I've never heard of this before, that there is a distinguishment between the regular DDP and the Deluxe DDP. A table service entitlement is an entitlement regardless of which plan you are on. Isn't the difference between the two plans simply that you get more entitlements on the DDP?

A restaurant might be deemed a signature restaurant and require 2TS or be like HDDR or CRT and require 2TS, but it makes no difference if the 2TS comes from DDP or Deluxe DDP.

I could be wrong, but your information doesn't sound correct.

I don't think all the restaurants have been finalized of yet, so you are probably look at a preliminary list, I wouldn't worry about SAI, it will probably remain on the DDP.

I have also seen this requirement in the past, Rainforest cafe at AK used to only accept delux or Platinum Dining Plans. Not sure if that has changed but it was that was on the DDP brochure in 2011.

TinkerbellT421
08-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I have also seen this requirement in the past, Rainforest cafe at AK used to only accept delux or Platinum Dining Plans. Not sure if that has changed but it was that was on the DDP brochure in 2011.

Are you sure?? :confused:

We didn't use the DDP in 2011 but we did in 2010 and ate at the Rainforest Cafe and we certainly were not on the Deluxe DDP....

I have never heard of or seen any restaurants requiring Deluxe DDP over DDP....I have seen restaurants require 2 credits over 1 credit but do not understand how or why they would require Deluxe over Regular DDP....:confused:

All the Deluxe Dinning Plan does is give you more credit entitlements. There is really no difference except for that.

mgmnut
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm Pretty Sure!

Here is an old post that discussed it at the time. Of course I am talking about RFC at AK not the two restaurants the OP was asking about. Just that I have seen restaurants on Deluxe and Premium plans and not on the regular TS DP.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180827

civilmousefan
08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I believe the Deluxe DP also allows you to get both the appetizer and dessert (sorry if my spelling is incorrect) with each TS meal.

mgmnut
08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I just looked at BOG on the Disney site, if you choose "make a reservation" and then click on "View participating Dining plans", it shows it as being on the regular DP and above for 2012 but only Deluxe and above for 2013.

TheDuckRocks
08-22-2012, 11:57 AM
When I made my ADR for BOG on Monday the CM told me that for BOG it was 1TS credit for the DDP for our ADR date Jan. 9, 2013.

joonyer
08-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Requiring the Deluxe or Platinum plans only doesn't make any sense, unless they are trying to cut down on the number of guests using dining plans at those restaurants. I don't know if they have to pay Disney a "fee" or "royalty" type charge to be listed on the plan or not. Why they are doing this in an Interesting question.

cer
08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Original poster...

I know that Cali Grill is going down for refurbishment. Check the dates, because I was bummed that we wouldn't get to go....(we will be there for the marathon weekend, too)

cer
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Double checked. California Grill is scheduled to close on Jan 6 and is to re-open late Summer 2013...

Not sure why they are taking reservations, maybe call Disney Dining?

TinkerbellT421
08-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm Pretty Sure!

Here is an old post that discussed it at the time. Of course I am talking about RFC at AK not the two restaurants the OP was asking about. Just that I have seen restaurants on Deluxe and Premium plans and not on the regular TS DP.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180827

Wow, learn something new everyday...can't wrap my head around why lol

kgoulash
08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Thank you for all the input!
Glad to hear about BOG, totally confused as to why Cali took my res and credit card and sent a confirmation if it won't be open

DizneyRox
08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
...can't wrap my head around why

Could be that the reimbursement per credit is higher on the deluxe than it is on the regular dining plan.

The restaurants don't get reimbursed for the cost of your meal they get a set amount per credit redeemed. It's in their best interest to make sure ALL meals can be made for less than that reimbursement. I would imagine the deluxe plan costs more, so reimbursments (or at least the contract between Disney and these restaurants) are probably higher.

This is the reason why many people HATE the dining plans. Quality of food, choice , etc has gone down to accomodate this reimbursement schedule. Capacity (be it tables and/or speed of turnaround has also been tuned to maximize profits. If they know that they make $2.00 for every credit reimbused, it would behoove them to not get as many credits in and out the door as quickly as possible.

kgoulash
08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
called disney
first yes BOG will be accepting ddp 1 TS credit in 2013 according to disney.
second they had no idea cali grill was taking reservations because yes indeed they will be closed, thank you poster for that info! i had mine cancelled so i didn't get any random charge on my credit card and so i have a place to eat that night!
we are going with Jiko instead

thank you all i'm so glad i asked my question!

cer
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank you for the update! :thumbsup:

Tearin_it_up
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
I noticed quite a few restuarants on the Unofficial Guide's website that aren't saying anything about 2013, I was hoping that was more laziness on their workers behalf, here's an example

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/pepper-market