PDA

View Full Version : Copper

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Anyone catch the premiere of this new BBCA show? It takes place in the 5 points district of NYC circa 1864, with a young Irish civil war vet as the lead character playing a NYC detective.

I love period pieces and while I'm not a historian (and I'm sure the show will have some historical inaccuracies and take artistic license) I thought they did a real good job or depicting the era and area. I think its slated for a 10 episode run. They rebroadcast all the time so if you missed it, it shouldn't be a problem to catch a rerun of the pilot episode that ran on 8/19.

BriarRose0708
08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I'd love to watch this show but all that ever seems to be on BBCA anymore is Top Gear!

AgentC
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I wanted to see it but I missed it. I'll have to set my dvr and catch up.

AllDisney
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
We watched it and liked it. I think we might be hooked:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I'd love to watch this show but all that ever seems to be on BBCA anymore is Top Gear!

Top Gear is without doubt, hands down, one of the best shows on tv:number1:

I never get tired of watching it, especially the "special" episodes where they go to other countries.

Some of my favorites:

Amazon - they have to travel across the rain forest to Chile

Vietnam - the have 7 days to travel Vietnam in little scooters

Africa - have to cross the dessert

Bethlehem - they have to recreate the route of the 3 wisemen and travel from Iraq to Bethlehem.

And countless others, including their attempts to cross the English Channel in converted vehicles.

I think Mondays are the primary Top Gear night on the BBC and then usually they do some marathon on one other day. I've not seen the American version.

BriarRose0708
08-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Top Gear is without doubt, hands down, one of the best shows on tv:number1:

:ack: Sorry, I just don't get that show. I'm generally not one to be impressed by fancy cars anyway. I know there's a huge following for the show and the hosts are ridiculously famous in Europe. I'd rather watch AbFab!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
:ack: Sorry, I just don't get that show. I'm generally not one to be impressed by fancy cars anyway. I know there's a huge following for the show and the hosts are ridiculously famous in Europe. I'd rather watch AbFab!

Try to watch one of their specialty shows. I'm no gearhead and wouldn't know a gearbox from a lunchbox, but the show is hilarious, especially the interaction between the three hosts. When they go to another country its generally a pretty entertaining episode.

Give it another shot.

As an aside, second episode of Copper has changed my opinion, I think it will be a pretty good show.

CosmicRay
08-28-2012, 06:17 PM

Sorry to jump off the topic, but just had to say DH loves Top Gear. Most of the cars are fancy, but it's more about the crazy antics they do and their fun competitive comradery that makes the show enjoyable.

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2012, 12:05 PM
As for Copper.......I fell asleep during it. I have been sick and sleeping a lot sooooooo I'll try one more episode.