PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations during Christmas?

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
08-21-2012, 02:03 PM
How much different is Illuminations during the Holiday season. I love the original and I still want it to be the pretty much the same during November but will it be different?

MickeysBestPal
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM
How much different is Illuminations during the Holiday season. I love the original and I still want it to be the pretty much the same during November but will it be different?

The show is identical to the rest of the year, EXCEPT...

They ADD a special Holiday Finale onto the end of the show.

It contains as many fireworks in that 4-5 minutes as have been already fired during the entire regular show, just seen.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
The show is identical to the rest of the year, EXCEPT...

They ADD a special Holiday Finale onto the end of the show.

It contains as many fireworks in that 4-5 minutes as have been already fired during the entire regular show, just seen.

The music and everything is the same too?

MickeysBestPal
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
The music and everything is the same too?

The show is identical to the rest of the year.

Main Street Jim
08-22-2012, 07:39 AM
The show is identical to the rest of the year.*With the addition* of the "holiday tag" (finale') (an extra five minutes or so, with a Walter Kronkite narration). It's *amazing* if you've never seen it. :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
08-22-2012, 01:23 PM
When do they have this extra 5 minutes? What time of year? Is it all of December? We've never been in December before - going for the 1st time this year. We usually go in November. I don't think we've ever seen this...

Main Street Jim
08-22-2012, 04:33 PM
When do they have this extra 5 minutes? What time of year? Is it all of December? We've never been in December before - going for the 1st time this year. We usually go in November. I don't think we've ever seen this...Christmas/New Year's week for sure...not sure right off-hand if they run the holiday show whenever Illuminations is after the Candlelight Processional (the 9:30 show).

mickclub1955
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
We went the days following Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and they played the special finale. It was a special treat.

Main Street Jim
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Here is a *very good* video of "Holiday Illuminations":

Holiday Illuminations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6nKAnfzhno)

This even has the "pre-show" music and the announcements ;) :thumbsup: :mickey:

MickeysBestPal
08-23-2012, 09:00 AM
not sure right off-hand if they run the holiday show whenever Illuminations is after the Candlelight Processional (the 9:30 show).

Yes.

Gator
08-23-2012, 11:26 AM
The Holiday addition is incredible. I didn't think they could top the finale that usually ends Illuminations, but the Christmas tag is pretty incredible. It's one of the things that pulls my back to WDW during a season I'd rather avoid.