PDA

View Full Version : Magical experience at Chef Mickeys!

dizneydeb22
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
We made a surprise reservation for our 12 yr old son for Chef Mickeys breakfast on our last day in WDW. When we sat down, we recognized the waitress we had last year for dinner(although we had a different waitress for breakfast.) But what completely surprised us is that SHE REMEMBERED US!! She came over and said hi and spoke to us about our trip. She even remembered that our son was starting a new school last year and asked how he did!! I couldn't believe it. We only had 7 waiters/waitresses on our last trip, but she sees thousands of people!! She gave our son a cupcake and made him part of the celebration!!

Needless to say we sent amazing letter of appreciation for Carol to Disney! She totally made our trip!

disneymom2000
08-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Some of those cast members are pretty darn awesome. How cool she remembered you from a year ago.:thumbsup:

the other micki
08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
That is incredible! Glad you took the time to acknowledge her awesomeness with a letter to Disney! :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I love cast members who go the extra mile!:mickey:

Gator
08-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I always love seeing CMs from the previous trip. Makes WDW feel more like home.

PETE FROM NYC
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
I wish that I could remember CMs from one trip to the next, but I have never been able to recall faces. I may remember a few CM names, but rarely remember anyones looks.

mom2morgan
08-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Amazing! I doubt I'd recognize a server from one trip to the next, nevermind one face out of thousands! But....I think something similar may have happened to me in Disneyland last summer. okay, maybe not on quite such a grand scale, but still made me wonder....we ate dinner our first night at Goofy's Kichen. They had characters, and I told "Chip" he's always been my favourite, but please don't tell Dale. we hammed it up for the camera. Several days later I was in a DIFFERENT character restaurant altogether and was signalled out for special attention by none other than Chip! THink it might have been the same actor? Silly, but made me happy...almost felt like I was dealing with the real Chip, LOL

faline
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
You and your family must have made a very positive impression on her. How nice - that she remembered you!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-21-2012, 08:12 AM
You and your family must have made a very positive impression on her. How nice - that she remembered you!

That impression may not have been positive....."OH NO, there back!" :thedolls:

:D

dizneydeb22
08-21-2012, 02:34 PM

She seemed to remember my son the best. It could be that my son has Autism and ADHD and he really took to her. They had a great interaction last year, which is why we remembered her. She was so patient with him and made him feel extra special. We've always had excellent service in WDW, but Carol really stood out!