PDA

View Full Version : Post Disney depression!

dizneydeb22
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
We returned from WDW on Friday night and I'm suffering severly from post Disney depression! Today is my first day back to work and I can't seem to concentrate. I just want to plan our trip for next year!!! Does anyone else have this happen? It seems worse this year than it did last year. We had a great trip, but it seemed hotter this year! We didn't get as much done as we normally do! Even coming back to the hotel to relax, swim or nap did not revitalize us as much as it usally does! Did anyone else find the heat of August particularly bad this year? We vacation every year in August, but this time it just seemed less bearable.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, we had a fantastic time and I wouldn't change it for the world. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the heat? :sadwave: :fan:

CanadianWDWFan
08-20-2012, 11:36 AM
We have been back for two weeks now.:( Just today I was thinking about going down again, but that won't be for a couple of years. The thought of that really bummed me out.

As for the heat it was HOT! Normally the heat doesn't really bother me but this year I found myself feeling it more and suffering for it. We were the same as you, we used the resort pool a lot. Enjoyed our visit and can't wait to get back.

minnie04
08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
We didn’t go in August (we never go in the summer), but I will tell you if the heat was anything like it was in Miami this August. You are real troopers for going. It was the worst August to date... HOT HOT HOT!!! I think you should get an award or something when you brave the heat in the summer. I wish there was something they could do about it at least for the little kids that wait all year to go, only to have it super hot and uncomfortable even at night. I just used to see it put people in a bad mood..

As far as the depression. I feel it everytime we pull away from the hotel. I can't wait to plan another trip. :(

Lindsey310
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Awww that is sad :(

We are going in 9 days so I'm super excited. BUT I know exactly what you are talking about, as soon as I'm home and back to the swing of "real life", it gets sickening really quick. I even start to feel blah the last "full day" we are in WDW. I dont want to come home and go back to work. Try and think of possible dates for next year and start researching. That helps me. I find if we have another vacation booked, I'm not feeling like it's groundhog day every day. And we have a vacation countdown in our kitchen that I look at every morning before work. Hang in there, listen to WDW music and start research for next year!!!:mickey:

princessgirls
08-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I always suffer from Post Disney Depression for a few days after my trip. I love going so much, and just pray that we will be able to go back another time. It always works out...

There is NOTHING like a Disney vacation, IMO!!!

It is always sad to re enter the real world!

Julie:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I just book a new trip ASAP :tink:

dizneydeb22
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
I just book a new trip ASAP :tink:

We're close to booking. Just a little more planning! We decided to do 6 days at Art of Animation and then 3 days at the Beach Club Villas using our points. I think more down time will really help if the heat is bad again!

Thanks you all for the responses! Glad to know I'm not crazy!!

:mickey:

divinedi
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I always get Post Disney Depression too...need a fix really soon, lol!

LandFan
08-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I always get it too... I usually can't bear to look at Intercot or even talk about it for a 2 or 3 months after I get back. Then we start planning another trip (no matter how far away) and it starts to get better one day at a time :mickey:

Tink#64
08-29-2012, 12:22 AM
I too begin with the "blue" feeling on the last day of each trip! I'm always so down about the trip being over that I usually can't even get on here (Intercot) for a couple of weeks to months! :(:blush:

We try to alternate WDW trips with other destinations, much as we love WDW, there are so many other places that we want to experience! But many years we find ourselves just wanting to go back to the magic, so we often ditch the other plans & return to WDW! :yay:

We were there in both June of 2010 & '11, but this year we chose Niagara Falls, NYC & the beach! :thumbsup: It was an awesome trip, but we're all very anxious to return to WDW next summer, so I'm happily planning our next trip! That's what does it for me, the planning! If I'm planning a trip - I'm good! Planning the trip is the next best thing to being there! :thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
We're checking out tomorrow, so when I get back, we can wallow in self pity together. Look on the bright side, it sounds like you are going again next year? We'll probably have to wait until 2014! Oh the agony! :(

Cinderelley
08-31-2012, 11:13 PM
We're checking out tomorrow, so when I get back, we can wallow in self pity together. Look on the bright side, it sounds like you are going again next year? We'll probably have to wait until 2014! Oh the agony! :(

I can't wait to read your trip report though. ;)

dizneydeb22
09-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Sorry you have to wait so long to go back! It is a little easier for us because we only have one child and we're DVC members. We were there for 6 days, which is the shortest time we've been there.

Next year we are going twice, in August and then again in November.

I know we are luckier than most, but I still LOVE it so much!! Our goal is to eventually move there!

I hope you had an awesome trip!!!

IamBelle
09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Just got back early this morning, and I'm already feeling it. To make it even worse, I'm headed back to college classes tomorrow, so the fun is completely over! Counting down until the next trip, in hopefully 354 days!! :mickey: