PDA

View Full Version : Episode 37 - The Ballad of the Yeti

John
08-16-2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/yeti-v4.jpg

The single - The Ballad of the Yeti (the Yeti is Down) - INTERCOT feat. Capn' Tom is now available on CDBaby.com and soon to come to most digital distribution outlets (iTunes, Amazon, Zune etc.)

You can get it here for .99 cents:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/intercot

The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast
Episode 37 - The Ballad of the Yeti
The Cast: Melanie, Gary, Carol, Ian, John

- Fantasyland Grand Opening Announced December 6, 2012
- Does it seem like this has been going on forever?
- Cylon Mel appears - and Wreck It Ralph
- New Disney Mountain?
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Is it a ride, show or attraction?
- Country Bears Refurb - what could be done to update it?
- D23 Expo
- Honey Boo-Boo & Creepy Dolls
- Four Corners is not Four Corners
- Ian suggests we do a Simpsons podcast
- The Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)
- INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration
- Food and Wine Festival (John sings AGAIN)
- Don’t miss the staff of ICOT at Rising Star Karaoke at Universal Orlando Resort
- Food at the festival and booths
- INTERCOT’s Best of from member Buttercup who suggested we do Best of Signage. Carol likes Walt’s Quote at Disneyland, Ian prefers the Walt Disney World sign at the entrance roads, Melanie digs the Art of Animation, Gary says a sign at Boardwalk Resort is cool, John creeps us out with the Haunted Mansion.
- John says bring back the radio station you heard while approaching the entrance.
- Check out the fonts at MickeyAvenue.com
- Military Salute
- Pirates league at Disneyland
- Amazon PRIME Purchase - The Speakman S-2005-H Anystream Hotel Showerhead http://amzn.to/OCt916 - $36
- The Yeti is Down (reprise)

Aired 8.16.12 / Taped 8.9.12

>> LISTEN, LEARN, LOVE, SHARE, SING! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-37.asp)

Melanie
08-16-2012, 10:17 PM
GET OUT? Already? :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 10:19 PM

My reaction exactly!! Thank you John!!! Just finished listening the the last one today at work!!! Was going to throw my two cents on that thread tomorrow :D Thank you for getting this one out so soon! Now I can listen to it tomorrow yay! :thumbsup:

John
08-16-2012, 10:25 PM

You know what that means - we need to tape this weekend or early next week now... we're back on a roll!

TinkerbellT421
08-16-2012, 10:28 PM
You know what that means - we need to tape this weekend or early next week now... we're back on a roll!

wooohoooo! :party2::joy::woohoo:

Melanie
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM

I'm in! We're settled after move, summer is over, school is back in session, life is normal again. ;)

AgentC
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow. I'm impressed but sad that I have plans tomorrow and might not be able to listen until Monday. Maybe I'll make my family listen with me. It can be their ICOT15 training. ;)

Melanie
08-16-2012, 10:51 PM
It can be their ICOT15 training. ;)

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and for the record, Ian is mean!

Carol
08-16-2012, 10:55 PM
:haha:

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Listening to the podcast and the mountain discussion... No 7D isn't a mountain... And actually, Everest's full name is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain...

Everest is considered part of the mountain range in WDW... Calling 7D a mountain is just Disney hyping this ride to be more than it will be... We know their marketing isn't that good lately LOL...

John
08-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Listening to the podcast and the mountain discussion... No 7D isn't a mountain... And actually, Everest's full name is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain...

Everest is considered part of the mountain range in WDW... Calling 7D a mountain is just Disney hyping this ride to be more than it will be... We know their marketing isn't that good lately LOL...

Right - we were questioning marketing saying it was the newest Mountain - it's out there in print on the official blogs. Thought it was silly to do so. Still, it spured some great conversation on what is a ride, show or attraction...

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Right - we were questioning marketing saying it was the newest Mountain - it's out there in print on the official blogs. Thought it was silly to do so. Still, it spured some great conversation on what is a ride, show or attraction...

Yea I saw that in the marketing that was released... I was baffled LOL... :)

dpamac
08-16-2012, 11:27 PM

At best they were rolling hills. Maybe foothills.

AgentC
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM

I'll have to warn them about that and his unfortunate Honey Boo Boo obsession. :D

Quadstriker
08-17-2012, 12:40 AM

WHAT

THE

CRUNK?

Talk about out of left field.

PirateLover
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
The only other precedent I can think of for a "Mountain" that doesn't have "mountain" in it's official title would be the Matterhorn. Clearly it is a mountain, and it dominates the Disneyland Skyline, like most of the "mountains" do. It is also a roller coaster. The 7D "mountain" better be pretty high in the sky, and be more than next gen barnstormer or wild mouse if they are really going to label it another "mountain."

darthmacho
08-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Awesome! This episode should help me get through my last work shift before our trip.
I see in the show notes that a Simpson's podcast was discussed? If you do this, I want to be on the cast! :D

Melanie
08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I see in the show notes that a Simpson's podcast was discussed? If you do this, I want to be on the cast! :D

You can take my seat Darth. Besides having absolutely zilch to contribute, I'd be bored out of my mind. Even the ride at Universal makes me sick! :ack:

Melanie
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh, and I wanted to make a comment about my pronunciation of MAPO. :blush:

Since the name is in honor of Mary Poppins, why isn't it pronounced 'may-pa', instead of 'may-po'?

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
OMG, dying laughing right now at the bathroom as attraction talk...I have actual tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard. It's official, my cubemates think I have lost my mind!

BriarRose0708
08-17-2012, 09:33 AM
OMG, dying laughing right now at the bathroom as attraction talk...I have actual tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard. It's official, my cubemates think I have lost my mind!

I was just about to post the same sentences!!!!

I love the Ma and Pa Kettle reference, Gary! I didn't think anyone knew those movies anymore.

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 09:51 AM
The laughing just got worse, now the tears are pouring down my face and people walking by are looking at me like I'm a lunatic. The Ballad of the Yeti is EPIC. I will be listening to it over and over...would even pay the $1.29 to buy it on iTunes!

I also think we need a group ride on Everest, where we can all sing this as we ride.

John
08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
OK, we're working on it but the Ballad of the Yeti will soon be available for digital download from your favorite places for .99 or is it 1.29 - stay tuned!

Proceeds to benefet the send Dpamac to the I15 fund. ;)

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM

That's totally worth the $1.29! Can't wait to own this new national treasure.

DisneyDINK
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM

I've always called the Adventureland restrooms "The Enchanted Leaky Room". If Disney wants to increase the number of attractions...

And since they outsource the Imagineering they owe me a consulting fee. I'm thinking of some names for the other restrooms, but they're really wrong. I'll spare the boards.

dpamac
08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
OK, we're working on it but the Ballad of the Yeti will soon be available for digital download from your favorite places for .99 or is it 1.29 - stay tuned!

If this actually works (I wonder if my roof will actually be on the stupid house by October since we've already paid for half of it) I will make sure Cap'n Tom does a live performance (no band, but a ukulele would work).

DisneyDINK
08-17-2012, 12:52 PM
If this actually works (I wonder if my roof will actually be on the stupid house by October since we've already paid for half of it) I will make sure Cap'n Tom does a live performance (no band, but a ukulele would work).

As I'm sure the podcasters are aware, "The Yeti is Down" is set to a traditional Irish folk song "Dirty Old Town" which has been performad by a lot of people, notably The Pogues and The Dubliners.

So... if you want to sing the Yeti ditty at I15 at some Karaoke place it can probably be done. I found a YouTube link pretty easily. I'm guessing that is how the song was created in the first place.

Carol
08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
As I'm sure the podcasters are aware, "The Yeti is Down" is set to a traditional Irish folk song "Dirty Old Town" Yep. Gary stated that in the podcast. Cap'n Tom told him. :thumbsup:

dpamac
08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Cap'n Tom is a fan of Irish Punk, though "Dirty Old Town" was written prior to Shane and the boys (and girl, when Cait O'Riordon was in the band) came around.

But, Karaoke doesn't count as an intimate live performance. But it would confuse the heck out of everyone else there as to why some pirate/cookie monster is singing about a yeti.

dpamac
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Yep. Gary stated that in the podcast. Cap'n Tom told him. :thumbsup:

Yes. I also gave credit to the guitarist, Dave Johnson, who is playing lead guitar on the song. The raw Karaoke track that Cap'n Tom used is one of the usual "in the style of The Pogues" versions.

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Finally finished listening. I had to keep pausing because I didn't want the men in white coats to come get me because I have been dying laughing at my desk all morning long. The end sillyness was my favorite.

I have been singing The Ballad of the Yeti all morning as well...what a great way to start the weekend!

:rocks:

MN_Rose
08-17-2012, 04:13 PM
The sadness is overwhelming me. A single tear falls from my eye as I realize the sadness of Cap'n Tom and the Yeti's fate. The Yeti is Down. Sniff, sniff. :beer: Can we have a picture of the Yeti on the t-shirt and can he wear glowing Mickey ears?

darthmacho
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Um, why don't I see Episode 37 on iTunes yet? How am I supposed to get through my last work shift before vacation tonight? :confused:

John
08-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Um, why don't I see Episode 37 on iTunes yet? How am I supposed to get through my last work shift before vacation tonight? :confused:

Darth Babe:

I just went into iTunes (the program) - Clicked on the INTERCOT Insider Podcast and then clicked REFRESH in the lower right hand corner of the interface and EP 37 came right up.

Don't have my iPhone here so I can't check it there... but it's definitely published.

MCP

dpamac
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Darth Babe

New official nickname. Said with a Sammy Davis Jr. voice.

PirateLover
08-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Finally finished listening- I think this may be the funniest podcast yet. I absolutely love The Ballad of the Yeti, and being a former musical theater kid and a total ham, would totally participate in an ICot 15 group rendition/video, whatever. Also I would actually listen to a Simpsons podcast! There is so much you could talk about, Duffland for one! I love The Little Land of Duff ride... "Duff beer for me, Duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff, you have one too!"
And The Ballad of the Yeti brought up another Simpsons reference in my mind, when Lisa is protesting the Power Plant because of the dental plan. "Come gather round children it's high time ye learned, bout a hero named Homer and a devil named Burns!" I could go on :blush:

DH is very bummed that we will not get Billy Ocean for the Eat to the Beat concert. Also you guys were getting really confused with your 90s groups there, lol! Big Bad Voodoo Daddy sang "You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three," Brian Setzer Orchestra did "Jump, Jive, and Wail." Cherry Poppin Daddies did "Zoot Suit Riot." If you did clarify this I apologize, it was getting a little confusing and you were the background as I was cleaning my parents' garage!

Lastly in regards to the Pirates' League at DL, Court of Angles is the little outcove with a winding staircase, fountain, balconies and such. On our trip it seemed to be a popular place for engagement photos. It's a very quiet area that most people just walk on by because there is no signage and no attraction back there, so most don't realize you can walk under the archway into the area. I think (and hope) it's only a temporary thing for Halloween.

dpamac
08-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Also you guys were getting really confused with your 90s groups there, lol! Big Bad Voodoo Daddy sang "You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three," Brian Setzer Orchestra did "Jump, Jive, and Wail." Cherry Poppin Daddies did "Zoot Suit Riot." If you did clarify this I apologize, it was getting a little confusing and you were the background as I was cleaning my parents' garage!

In fairness, most of the 90s bands kind of had the same vibe. After a while you're like, "Soul Collective? Third Eye Blind? Less Than Jake? Fast Ball? Big Head Todd and the Monsters? Dishwalla? Toad the Wet Sprocket? I don't know anymore."

I was doing a very bad humming of the horn line from "You & Me & the Bottle Makes Three." I tried, but I failed. I remember seeing Swingers and falling in love with the band. They also had a great song called "Go Daddy O." Loved that brief swing revival.

But, with all due respect to Mr. Setzer, whom I love, and his rendition, "Jump, Jive and Wail" belongs to Louis Prima (King Louie himself). He's fantastic.

bleukarma
08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Ian is right. A bathroom is an attraction! You usually wait in line and then sit.
I was telling my mom about this earlier and she was dying laughing! Also about how the roller coaster thing at DisneyQuest is a ride, an attraction, and a show! :) love it!

I love that the Haunted Mansion font is called Ravenscroft. Im totally going to add that to my list of things to geek out at my friends about! They are used to that from me when it comes to Disney.

Maybe that should be a Best Of topic: Best of Disney things you geek out to your friends about!

PirateLover
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM
But, with all due respect to Mr. Setzer, whom I love, and his rendition, "Jump, Jive and Wail" belongs to Louis Prima (King Louie himself). He's fantastic.

Of course! I should have said "popularized in the 90s by..." :cool: The swing fad was a fun time!

Carol
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I have been singing The Ballad of the Yeti all morning as well...

:rocks:Be warned. It gets stuck in your head. :goof:

dpamac
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
The showerhead just showed up in an Amazon ad at the top of the forums. Stupid cookies.

Melanie
08-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Be warned. It gets stuck in your head. :goof:

It's been in my head for about 2 weeks now, ever since I heard version A, B and C. :D

Melanie
08-17-2012, 08:35 PM
The showerhead just showed up in an Amazon ad at the top of the forums. Stupid cookies.

That was so funny, and random. Sorry John! :funny:

John
08-17-2012, 08:36 PM

ha - awesome.

Dopey's Girl
08-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Be warned. It gets stuck in your head. :goof:

Oh it's stuck, my friends are sick of me
singing it! Can't even stop it now!!!

Fangorn
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM
So, having listened to Episode 37 earlier today I find myself still humming the “Ballad of the Yeti” and chuckling and smirking knowingly at odd times as various pieces of silliness (in the Monty Python sort of way) come to mind. Guys, this is without a doubt the funniest and most random podcast yet. I declare it an instant “classic”. Personally, I love the way so much of your pathetic lives come across in a loose (this time, very loose) fabric of Disney Stuff.

Great stuff. I particularly enjoyed the Simpsons references – IMHO some of the best Simpsons’ episodes are the Disney related ones. My personal favorite being the Teacher of the Year episode where Mrs. Krabbaple is up for Teacher of the Year and they all go to “FCot” for the awards ceremony. (Plus, being a Portlander, the Simpsons holds a special place since most of the characters are named after streets around here – i.e. Flanders, Lovejoy, Terwilliger.

Confusing Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees is a pretty common thing to do. Those two, plus Gary Owens (World of Motion) were everywhere during the 60s and 70s. Similar voices, and they all did cartoon voiceovers, commercials and narrations of all sorts - particularly in LA.

I’m looking forward to meeting you all in person in October.

Steve

Quadstriker
08-18-2012, 04:00 AM
As soon as I heard the opening notes of Dirty Old Town, I knew we were in for something special.

darthmacho
08-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Darth Babe:

I just went into iTunes (the program) - Clicked on the INTERCOT Insider Podcast and then clicked REFRESH in the lower right hand corner of the interface and EP 37 came right up.

Don't have my iPhone here so I can't check it there... but it's definitely published.

MCP

Thanks! I got it downloaded just in time before having to leave for work, and I got to listen. Another stellar podcast! Thanks for getting me through my work shift.

As for the Yeti song, I vowed I wouldn't make a fool of myself by grinning and laughing out loud with my headphones, but I broke down half way through. That's how I knew the song was a hit, because often a funny song will stop being funny after a few verses, but this got funnier as it went on. Kudos! :thumbsup:

Leaving for WDW in about 27 hours! :mickey:

mickeyman42
08-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Wow! just in time, leaving for WDW monday, and now I'll have something to tune out the kids on the flight :mickey:

John
08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
The single - The Ballad of the Yeti (the Yeti is Down) - INTERCOT feat. Capn' Tom is now available on CDBaby.com and soon to come to most digital distribution outlets (iTunes, Amazon, Zune etc.)

Enjoy!

dpamac
08-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Personally, I love the way so much of your pathetic lives come across in a loose (this time, very loose) fabric of Disney Stuff.

Wait until next time when I work into the discussion that I went to the Rifftrax Manos: The Hands of Fate event. And it was awesome.

It's going to take me a while to figure out how to connect that to Disney though.

Dopey's Girl
08-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Enjoy!

Can't wait for the yeti to be down(loaded) on my phone...it will be much easier to play for people!

Ian
08-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Personally, I love the way so much of your pathetic lives come across in a loose (this time, very loose) fabric of Disney Stuff.Wait ... did he just call us pathetic? :confused:

Melanie
08-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Wait ... did he just call us pathetic? :confused:

I'm thinking so. :(

Ian
08-18-2012, 08:03 PM
It's fine if we say it, but other people aren't supposed to point it out ya know!

Melanie
08-18-2012, 08:24 PM
It's fine if we say it, but other people aren't supposed to point it out ya know!

I know! I thought it was our secret. :secret:

Ian
08-18-2012, 08:54 PM
You know you want them, so here they are ... the lyrics to The Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti Is Down)!

(spoken)
This here's Captain Tom
I wanna tell you a tale
A tale of a time when a beast roamed free
He's gone now
My friend, the yeti

I met me love at the Animal Kingdom
Ate some lunch at the Flame Tree Grill
Took a ride on the Everest
But the yeti is down
The yeti is down

There was a time when he wove his arms
He terrified everyone around
But now he stands just like a stone
The yeti is down
The yeti is down

(spoken)
This is the part of the song
Where you sit and quietly contemplate
The times that you rode on Everest
And were able to see the animated Yeti
Swinging his arms
Those times are gone now
Long gone
We'll tell our children
About all of the things that never happened
At the Animal Kingdom

We have no fire
From the dragon tower
There is no quest
For the unicorn
There was a beast
Both wild and fierce
But the yeti is down
The yeti is down

I'm going to get
A new Fastpass
I'll wait again
And hope I'll see
An angry beast
Who's abominable
But the yeti is down
The yeti is down

I met me love
At the Animal Kingdom
Ate some lunch
At the Flame Tree Grill
We took a ride on the Everest
But the yeti is down
The yeti is down
The yeti is down

LandFan
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Downloaded my copy today - too freakin' funny!!
Nice job!

Fangorn
08-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Wait ... did he just call us pathetic? :confused:

Yes. Yes I did. But with tongue firmly planted in cheek and said with the utmost respect. Besides, I'm pretty sure that the fact that I'm avidly listening to y'all makes me even more pathetic. Y'all, at least, are actually producing something - I'm just consuming.

I know! I thought it was our secret. :secret:

It hasn't really been a secret since about episode #3. :D

Steve

AgentC
08-19-2012, 10:35 AM
You know you want them, so here they are ... the lyrics to The Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti Is Down)!

Great. Now I'll really never be able to get it out of my head. ;)

disneymom15
08-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Mel & Gary, is the cute yeti avatar available to anyone? I looked but didn't see it. What category is it under!

Melanie
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Mel & Gary, is the cute yeti avatar available to anyone? I looked but didn't see it. What category is it under!

John?

disneymom15
08-19-2012, 11:23 AM
John?

PLEASE!!! He's so cute!

John
08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Carol is in charge of that department. :)

disneymom15
08-19-2012, 01:14 PM

John?

PLEASE!!! He's so cute!

Carol is in charge of that department. :)

Ok, one more plea!
PLEASE Carol! He's so cute!

Carol
08-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Ok, one more plea!
PLEASE Carol! He's so cute!

Since you said please. ;) He is under the INTERCOT section. :D

disneymom15
08-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks Carol.

Buttercup
08-19-2012, 09:28 PM
:clappy::cheer::notworth:
Such a GREAT surprise to see it's here! I just finished #36! Way to go guys! Thanks!

bleukarma
08-20-2012, 08:02 AM
The song has officially infiltrated my regular life. We are having computer trouble at work and I keep singing to myself "the server is down. the server is down...."

disneymom15
08-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Listened to the ballad last night. Love it! Now it's stuck in my head too.

Melanie
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
So, what do you all think about, you know, at that part of the song when Cap'n Tom asks you to contemplate? :pirate:

Dopey's Girl
08-20-2012, 11:17 AM
So, what do you all think about, you know, at that part of the song when Cap'n Tom asks you to contemplate? :pirate:

Mainly Flame Tree and how good BBQ chicken sounds.

Melanie
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Mainly Flame Tree and how good BBQ chicken sounds.

:funny:

You know what I think about...how I never saw the Yeti in A mode and it doesn't really matter anyway to me, because it's still an AWESOME ride. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
08-20-2012, 11:37 AM

You know what I think about...how I never saw the Yeti in A mode and it doesn't really matter anyway to me, because it's still an AWESOME ride. :thumbsup:

I did see him in A mode, and don't really care that much either, aside from the fact that they spent so much money on him, only to have him not work!

dpamac
08-20-2012, 12:14 PM

I did see him in A mode, and don't really care that much either, aside from the fact that they spent so much money on him, only to have him not work!

It was cool! And in this world cool is all hat matters. That, and clearly, barbecue chicken.

Ian
08-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure you all know how I feel about the yeti ;)

AgentC
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I did ride Everest once when the Yeti was in A mode and it was cool but I still think it is a great ride. My favorite coaster at WDW by far.

dpamac
08-20-2012, 01:26 PM

It probably includes the word "terrible."

Melanie
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM

No. You're usually so guarded with your thoughts.

SBETigg
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Finally listening to the 'cast. Thoughts:

Since the name is in honor of Mary Poppins, why isn't it pronounced 'may-pa', instead of 'may-po'?

For that matter, why is it May? We don't say May-ry. So... It might be May-Po but as a shortening of Mary Poppins, it is phonetically off-base. I'm compelled to back Melanie up at any given chance, apparently.

Again, I'm stuck on language and grammar issues. I contemplate "wove" as the past tense of "wave?" That can't be right. No, the past tense of wave is waved. So if the yeti "wove" his arms, this would mean he was weaving them? Weaving his arms? No wonder he's stuck.

Signage: How about the Living Seas sign with the Mine Mine Mine Seagulls? I love that one!

dpamac
08-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Again, I'm stuck on language and grammar issues. I contemplate "wove" as the past tense of "wave?" That can't be right. No, the past tense of wave is waved. So if the yeti "wove" his arms, this would mean he was weaving them? Weaving his arms? No wonder he's stuck.

Of all of Cap'n Tom's grammatical quirks, and there are many, "wove" is what you chose? His rampant misuse of pronouns and articles alone would get him a failing grade.

SBETigg
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Of all of Cap'n Tom's grammatical quirks, and there are many, "wove" is what you chose? His rampant misuse of pronouns and articles alone would get him a failing grade.

Yes, I know. I know! But this is the one that really got to me. The rest I could pass off as style, but wove is an entirely different word than the intended. Or probably because the contemplative part follows directly so I'm still pondering wove. I've got my quirks, what can I say? I still love Cap'n Tom, though.

DisneyKim22
08-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Podcast Team - This was one of your BEST!!! I laughed all day long! And what a great gift to have it ready so quickly too!

I did get the ride The Everest once in The A mode. But only once. Still an awesome ride.

I downloaded the song as soon as I saw it was available.....I plan to give my husband the pleasure of listening to it several times on the drive to the airport when we leave in just over two weeks. Maybe by then it will be out of my head?

I believe I posted a comment a few weeks ago that you should do a Best Of the Best Of. I wonder how many times a bathroom would make that list......

Melanie
08-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Podcast Team - This was one of your BEST!!! I laughed all day long! And what a great gift to have it ready so quickly too!

Wasn't Carol on top of her game on this one? She had more than a few bell-worthy zingers! I just sit back and laugh like the rest of you do. :funny:

ryca1dreams
08-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait until next time when I work into the discussion that I went to the Rifftrax Manos: The Hands of Fate event. And it was awesome.

It's going to take me a while to figure out how to connect that to Disney though.

Wow, Gary, I thought I was the only one who knew about that classic of American cinema. I think Torgo is probably one of the pirates in POTC or something. I'll have to look at knees on my next ride. There has to be a connection.

Tell Cap'n Tom - good job. Almost as good as the rap I did in high school about vegetables.

Biffco189
08-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Best of suggestion.... Best of planned, but never built, disney attractions.

dpamac
08-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Wow, Gary, I thought I was the only one who knew about that classic of American cinema. I think Torgo is probably one of the pirates in POTC or something. I'll have to look at knees on my next ride. There has to be a connection.

My wife and I are putting together a Torgo costume for Haloween this year. I firmly believe it will be epic. I plan on stumbling around the neighborhood, twitching and speaking with a tremulous, hesitant voice.

I also fully expect to be put into jail.

BriarRose0708
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I believe I posted a comment a few weeks ago that you should do a Best Of the Best Of. I wonder how many times a bathroom would make that list......
I also had that suggestion! I think it would be pretty funny.... bathrooms, transportation, etc.

Dopey's Girl
08-22-2012, 10:29 PM
The Ballad of the Yeti is down(loaded) on my iPhone...:party:

John
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Here is the direct link to iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ballad-yeti-yeti-is-down-feat./id554443260?uo=4

dpamac
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM
i also had that suggestion! I think it would be pretty funny.... Bathrooms, transportation, etc.

Are bathrooms transportation?

SBETigg
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Here is the direct link to iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ballad-yeti-yeti-is-down-feat./id554443260?uo=4

I went to the iTunes link to buy it and there was a link to click to "view other tunes by this artist." I got all excited. More tunes by this artist? Yes, please! And then sadly, no. Maybe one day. :sing:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I come home from work today and DH is all excited 'cause he just downloaded "The Yeti is Down".

Fast forward a few minutes, he's singing along (thanks for the words Ian), I'm laughing and DD is saying "I don't get why you're playing this".

Ah, kids, they just can't understand what life was like BEFORE the Yeti went down.

dpamac
08-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm just laughing that Ian transcribed the lyrics since Cap'n Tom had them written down already. He's a consumate professional.

Septbride2002
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
During the whole song all I could think of was "why is Mr. Crab from Spongebob singing about the Yeti?" :D

Another great episode as usual! You guys need a commentator that is a foodie so we can get into more detail regarding resturants and the food and wine festival.

Love the sinage as Best Of - and I will say mine is pretty much anything at the Boardwalk. But probably the sign out front is my favorite. That is how I know I'm "home." Also Ian's of going under the Walt Disney Sign on the HWY is another family favorite for us.

~Amanda

disneymom15
08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
During the whole song all I could think of was "why is Mr. Crab from Spongebob singing about the Yeti?" :D

~Amanda

Couldn't put my finger on it, you hit it right on the head.

bdm@pga
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Thats not true!! He can't be mean...he stayed in the castle.:blush:

stephicakes
08-30-2012, 01:52 PM
By far the FUNNIEST podcast I have heard yet! Downloaded the song and we think it's hilarious :D Even when my DD16 heard it she didn't roll her eyes and walk out of the room - I believe I saw a slight smile on her face... so that should tell you something! well done!! :thumbsup:

"Best of" suggestion: how about best lobby/check-in area ambiance in a resort? Of course it's personal preference, but would be interesting to hear. Some are better than others. Not sure if that has been discussed before...?

Keep up the great work!
:mickey:

mjm
08-30-2012, 06:39 PM
First, thanks for posting the podcast recording date. I was the one who requested it. I know I'm being picky, but it's just something that bugs me.

Second, I don't know if you want comments about Shane Gamble posted in the podcast discussion or not, but I just wanted to let you know I finished listening to the disk and loved it. I'm recommending it to my friends. His voice reminds me of Jakob Dylan, and there seemed to be a variety of musical styles, with track 10, "Bounce Back", having a somewhat Pink Floyd vibe to me. This is one of the few first efforts I've heard that actually makes me care whether or not there's a Sophomore effort.

Third, perhaps the failure of the Yeti, was the last straw for MAPO, if that's the department responsible. Unless, of course, the accountants hastened the end by not funding that department enough.

Fourth, yes the "Ballad of the Yeti" makes me laugh. But, I agree with Ian, that was a lot of money that was spent for about 10 seconds of effects. I remember the television special they had and Disney was really pushing how great this new animatronic beastie was going to be. Now it's "dead" and they can't fix it?!

disneykidsince1970
09-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Another great one team! .... With all the hub bub abt the infamous Yeti....can someone pls give me the exec summary abt it?

I think this ride opened soon after I moved to Europe and had babies,....I never had the opp to ride it when it was working! ...and havent found time to ride while it has been down either, What is the "A" option/side that people refer to?

I, too, have very fond memories of the radio station! ...probably bc it didn't come in vy well and it seemed kind of elusive ....something abt seeing the very tall highway lamps as we drove into Orlando...we were clutching the last of the Dunkin' Donut holes we bought that morning for the 3 hr drive..... There are certain streetlights that still remind me of that drive...oh, the anticipation!!!

"are we there yet!?!?!?"

disneykidsince1970
09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Another great episode as usual! You guys need a commentator that is a foodie so we can get into more detail regarding resturants and the food and wine festival...

~Amanda

this would be great if possible! Maybe a podcast guest?

dpamac
09-03-2012, 08:13 AM
this would be great if possible! Maybe a podcast guest?

My seventeen year old daughter offered to do that. She's a burgeoning chef and could talk for hours about the complexities of the food offerings. Literally. Hours. After every offering last year she gave us a tutorial on the flavors. I could only respond with "mmmmm" or "Me no like. That sauce taste yucky."

dpamac
09-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I think this ride opened soon after I moved to Europe and had babies,....I never had the opp to ride it when it was working! ...and havent found time to ride while it has been down either, What is the "A" option/side that people refer to?

There are two instances when you see a yeti in the ride. The first is when you stop for a second and see an animation of a silhouette of a yeti ripping up the track. That works.

Later there is, or was, a large animatronic yeti that used to loom above you as you passed under it with its teeth bared swinging one of its arms at you. Strobe lights, chaos, screaming. Then it was strobe lights, chaos and a yeti that looked like it was stuffed by Chuck Testa (interet meme...look up "Nope Chuck Testa"). Now I think they just turned off the lights and pretend like it never existed at all. It was literally less than two seconds of an effect but some of us thought it was awesome.

Or we're remembering it as being better than it was because we're easily duped.

disneykidsince1970
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Ah, yes! Some things do live in our memories better than they really were...that's ok with me!

Gary- we lived in stl for a few y- lving in 2004. We lived in Des Peres and reall enjoyed it...even tho we weren't natives and when people asked us what high school we went to, we had to say..., " ugh....in Florida.". My sister even graduated from SLU and my hubby did his MBA at Wash U.

Some of our closest friend still live there.

dpamac
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Ah, yes! Some things do live in our memories better than they really were...that's ok with me!

Gary- we lived in stl for a few y- lving in 2004. We lived in Des Peres and reall enjoyed it...even tho we weren't natives and when people asked us what high school we went to, we had to say..., " ugh....in Florida.". My sister even graduated from SLU and my hubby did his MBA at Wash U.

Some of our closest friend still live there.

I guess it's just how we define our neighborhood. High schools give you an idea of where you are. Plus, since the area is so heavily Catholic, it can often narrow down to parish as well. Was the Des Peres rec center open when you guys lived there? It's pretty incredible.

iceicebritney
04-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I'd like to say my favorite signs at Disney world arent really disney signs. ai always get excited when I see the "Disney World Next 2 Exits" signs on I-4. As a kid, driving three to four times a year to Orlando from Pennsylvania was long and nothing felt better than seeing these signs along I-4.
My favorite actual Disney sign would have to be the illuminated "Main Street electrical Parade" sign on the float during the parade. So glad to name this parade back home again :mickey: