PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Moments?

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Last year DS was 2 and potty trained and so I didn't put a Little Swimmer pull up on him. Our little guy toddled out of the kiddie area and over to a spot where two CM's were standing. They said hi and he started walking back to me. All of the sudden, he stopped and looked at me and then I see him beginning to pee on the ground. I was shocked and surprised and I quickly looked at the CM's and they looked at me. It felt like slow motion, I quickly motioned DS to come to me so that I could take him to the bathroom, but he was done and he ran off to play in the water again.

I stood there not quite sure what to do. Then the CM's called for maintenence. The man sprayed some green spray on it and then hosed it down.

I know it's not a HUGE embarrassing moment, But I sure felt it!

Anyone else have embarrassing moments they'd like to share?

buzznwoodysmom
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Mine isn't too embarassing either, but as a parent it's always a little embarassing when your kids do something unexpected.

When youngest DS was around 4 he was sitting on a bench in Adventureland eating a Mickey ice cream bar. I was tellling him and his brother that next we would go see the "tiki birds". DS said "I wanna go now". I told him as soon as he finished up with his Mickey bar we could go. He took one last, huge bite, threw the ice cream over his shoulder into the bushes and said "done". While it was a bit funny to DH, my mother, and myself, I know there had to be guests who thought we were just allowing, or tellling, DS to do that. I'm sure at least one person probably said to their party "did you just see what that mom let that kid do, especially with a trash can just a few feet away".

CosmicRay
08-16-2012, 01:36 PM
One other embarrassing moment. On our honeymoon, I was sick with a stomach bug, but decided to brave through it and I ended up throwing up on the green monorail.

minnie04
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Mine isn't too embarassing either, but as a parent it's always a little embarassing when your kids do something unexpected.

When youngest DS was around 4 he was sitting on a bench in Adventureland eating a Mickey ice cream bar. I was tellling him and his brother that next we would go see the "tiki birds". DS said "I wanna go now". I told him as soon as he finished up with his Mickey bar we could go. He took one last, huge bite, threw the ice cream over his shoulder into the bushes and said "done". While it was a bit funny to DH, my mother, and myself, I know there had to be guests who thought we were just allowing, or tellling, DS to do that. I'm sure at least one person probably said to their party "did you just see what that mom let that kid do, especially with a trash can just a few feet away".

:jaw: WOW!!! THAT WAS YOU !!! ...lol :funny:

DVC2004
08-16-2012, 03:53 PM
The first time we cruised with Disney, back in 2003, my oldest son who was then 5 came down the slide by the kids pool. He went down the slide face- first, and arrived at the bottom with a huge grin and his swim trunks arouns his ankles. :blush: Whoops.

Well he didn't care he was having the time of his life.

I've shared this story here before, but my mother was eating with us at the Italy restaurant, used to be called Alfredo's and she went into the men's bathroom on accident because the door said Senore and she thought it said Senora. She never realized until she came out and I told her, because while we were waiting a little boy complained to the hostess there was a lady in the men's room. ;)

Lastly- I became very ill one trip. We were at Blizzard Beach and I felt nauseaus. I waited in the restroom foir about 15 minutes and it passed. I walked out and not 2 minutes later I sarted to hurl and ran to the nearest bush to get out of the way. Ugh! Lots os people saw me.

azcavalier
08-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Plenty of embarrassing moments...just not at WDW.

MissMaryPoppins
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
My most embarrassing moment at Disney ever happened last summer. My whole family came down for my brother's wedding and we were all staying at Old Key West for the long weekend. My mom booked a few studios and a Grand villa which was meant for my grandma, my 2 aunts, an uncle, and a couple of cousins to be in. Instead, one of my cousins took it upon herself to put all my cousins in there and for everyone else to squeeze into a studio. My mom was not happy. The night of the wedding we all got back to the resort, changed and a few of us headed to the grand villa to watch Casey Anthony's release from prison. While we were there, my cousin who changed the rooms around, starts blasting her iPod and doing gymnastic moves around the the living room. My uncle decided he was leaving and his daughter, who was 15 and my roommate that weekend, decides we should leave too. On our way out we saw security coming up to the door. The next morning my cousins told me they were told someone complained about the noise and they had to keep it down. I had told her she had neighbors above her and next to her but she just shrugged and said "oh well". I was so embarrassed my cousin would act that way in a beautiful villa, in such a great resort.

Wolf
08-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Our first January trip a few years ago (I need to say outright I don't handle flying well either way, but January makes it worse both times for some reason) I was already green at the gills from the plane and just my germaphobia in general, well we left Alabama and it was freezing, got to WDW and it was like 85, it all compiled and we rushed to Ohana for our first ADR we were due at in like 30 mins from when we checked into POP, I tried really hard to love the meal but spent most of the time in the bathroom green and woozy, I kept thinking if I could just :ack: I'd feel fine...well I couldn't I went back and drank a sprite while Moma Wolf finished eating...we were going to monorail to MK then take a bus to POP so I could lay down, well crossing the bridge at the Poly heading to Monorail I lose it...Hurling over the edge of that...which just made me (around age 23 mind you) start crying because I was throwing up on somewhere so pretty....:blush:I was mortified...and couldn't eat Ohana for like 2 years...Its my favorite resturant now and we have it booked twice but we prob won't ever go to WDW in Jan again lol I get sick every time we've tried that.

SBETigg
08-21-2012, 11:23 AM
My son's first word was Dinney (Disney). We honeymooned at WDW and I was always watching vacation videos and talking about Disney. But we didn't get to bring the kids until they were 8 and 10 because we married young, had kids young, and struggled financially for years. We won a trip in 2001 and it let us finally bring the kids for the first time.

Even though it was my son's first trip, he had heard all about Disney magic since birth. So we were on his first Jungle Cruise ride, our first Disney ride with him ever. And the skipper warned us that the pygmies were starting to shoot at us. I'm not sure if they still do that now, but they did then. The skipper was "armed" for our protection. My son screamed, jumped, then hit the deck- literally, ducked behind the seats and flattened himself on the floor of the boat. We laughed so hard- then felt bad, because he suddenly realized he had nothing to fear and felt stupid. The skipper made some kind of remark. My son eventually got up and brushed himself off and said, "Well, I'm sorry. Disney magic! I didn't know quite what to expect. I thought maybe we could really get shot."

Of course, we never let him live that down and we all still duck and laugh when we're with him on the Jungle Cruise and the natives appear.

Mousemates
08-21-2012, 11:46 AM
When at the peak of my middle aged girth several years ago I was riding Goofy's Barnstormer with a high school friend's four year old child...who got off the ride and announced he would not be riding with me again because my "big belly kept the safety bar too far away." His mom cringed and my wife and I laughed. (I guess far more embarassing to her than to me).

mgmnut
08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
When my son was 3 years old we were in Alfredo's in EPCOT. While we were waiting for our table one of our older daughters took DS to the restroom because she also had to use the restroom. My son somehow got away from her and came back out to the lobby with his pants down to his ankles anouncing to us very loudly and from accross the room that he was done but could not pull his pants back up and needed help. :blush:

This was quite a while ago, he will be turning 15 next month