PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets

Mitzie
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Please someone step in if this question is in anyway bending the rules. We are traveling down to WDW with my in-laws in October. We are all staying in one room under one reservation number. We will be arriving two days ahead of them. We currently have one day of park tickets on the reservation. We are thinking of adding another day. My in-laws will not be using this second day of tickets. Can my DH and I use this day of tickets instead? I know we could not use them on the same day as they use the one day they are wanting to, with the finger scan tracking this, but what if it is a different day? We were thinking it would be nice to go into Epcot for dinner the night we get there.

Snow's Mom
08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Not sure I understand the question, but if you're all staying in the same room, that doesn't mean you all have to add more days. You might want to have 3 day tickets and leave the in-laws at one day. Each day you add gets a little cheaper. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but day 3 will be a lot cheaper than day 1.

Once they use their tickets, the fingerprint makes it unusable for someone else, if I understand that correctly. But, adding a 3rd day to your own ticket is cheaper than adding a day 2 to theirs anyway.

Can somebody back me up (or correct me) on this???:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
08-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Snows mom is correct. It's cheaper for you to just upgrade you and DH tickets to a 3 day versus upgrading to 4 two days. Also, she is correct that tickets are non-transferable from your parents to you if they have been used even once, doesn't matter if it is the same day or the next.

DizneyRox
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Everyone on the reservation must have the same tickets at check-in. After check-in, you can upgrade tickets willy nilly.

This is how I would handle your situation. Get your tickets, use them once, and then upgrade the ones that you need more days to. If your parents don't need two days, DO NOT upgrade them. If you need more days, only upgrade those that need more days.

I'm pretty sure you can only do ONE upgrade per ticket. I remember reading about this a while back, not sure if the policy stuck. So, when you do upgrade, make sure you do enough to make it count. That means park hopping, water parks, and xtra days all at the same time.

You won't be able to use another person's tickets for admission. The Ticket Tag system prevents this. Forget about anyone other than your parnets using their tickets. It's technically not going to work, and financially, it would be cheaper to just upgrade yours.