PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old boy

cemgal53
08-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Having been many times with my daughters, it is now time to enjoy the Parks with my 8 year old grandson:cloud9: He is really into super heroes; Spiderman, Ironman, etc Does any one know if any of the Avengers make an appearance at Disney Studios? Any other ideas for parks?:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Having been many times with my daughters, it is now time to enjoy the Parks with my 8 year old grandson:cloud9: He is really into super heroes; Spiderman, Ironman, etc Does any one know if any of the Avengers make an appearance at Disney Studios? Any other ideas for parks?:mickey:

Head over to Universal's Islands of Adventure... That is the only place you'll find Marvel... Disney cannot use Marvel in any WDW theme park...

Lindsey310
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
No Disney just bought marvel!!!!! In fact, the old marvel land at universal is gone!! The spiderman ride is now transformers. The only thing I have heard marvel like at disney was the avengers monorail. They just purchased it so I'm sure they are planning something. At this point, try and check out Hollywood studios, that's probably your best bet.

13 days!!!!!!!!!!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
No Disney just bought marvel!!!!!

It's a crazy situation actually. Disney got the rights to some things, but not others with the Marvel characters. There is some stipulation in the buyout agreement that Marvel characters cannot appear in the parks for x number of years, but I cannot remember how long that is. So, Disney has all the merchandise now, and probably will have meet n greets and/or a Marvel attraction at some point, but not yet.

joanna71985
08-15-2012, 11:57 AM
No Disney just bought marvel!!!!! In fact, the old marvel land at universal is gone!! The spiderman ride is now transformers. The only thing I have heard marvel like at disney was the avengers monorail. They just purchased it so I'm sure they are planning something. At this point, try and check out Hollywood studios, that's probably your best bet.

No, Spiderman is still Spiderman at Universal

steamboat willy
08-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Our 6 year old grandson really enjoyed the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular as well as the Lights, Motors, Action Show, both in DS. Also Star Wars stage show. I would think he would enjoy BTMR, SM, Soaring and ToT. Enjoy your trip and time together.

rwdavis2
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM

"Marvel Land" is still at IoA at Universal. Disney is not allowed to put any Marvel character related attractions within, I think, at least 150 miles of Orlando. So no Marvel Characters at WDW.

disneykid99
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Our 6 year old grandson really enjoyed the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular as well as the Lights, Motors, Action Show, both in DS. Also Star Wars stage show. I would think he would enjoy BTMR, SM, Soaring and ToT. Enjoy your trip and time together.

Our son from ages 2 till 12 has loved all of these as well. He might also really like PoC. Maybe he could watch some of the Priates, Start Wars, or Indy movies before your visit to get him more interested.

Have a great visit with him.

cemgal53
08-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all of your responses! I knew that the Avengers movie was Disney sponsored so I was hoping there might be some character interaction. My daughters and I are true believers in the Magic:magic: so I am sure that we will have an awesome time!

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2012, 03:09 PM
It's a crazy situation actually. Disney got the rights to some things, but not others with the Marvel characters. There is some stipulation in the buyout agreement that Marvel characters cannot appear in the parks for x number of years, but I cannot remember how long that is. So, Disney has all the merchandise now, and probably will have meet n greets and/or a Marvel attraction at some point, but not yet.

There is no end date to the contract... The contract lasts for as long as Universal wants it... And until they no longer want to reap the benefits of having the second hottest property (behind Potter) in their parks, Marvel will not be in WDW...

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2012, 03:11 PM

I don't want to be mean so I will just ask, is this post a joke??? I sure hope so.. cause it is 100% wrong...

Spider-man was just refurbished and looks better than ever... Transformers is actually replacing a knocked down sound stage in Universal Studios...

Again, Disney cannot use Marvel in WDW...

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all of your responses! I knew that the Avengers movie was Disney sponsored so I was hoping there might be some character interaction. My daughters and I are true believers in the Magic:magic: so I am sure that we will have an awesome time!

Take the boy to IOA... He'll love it... especially the Marvel character interaction...

LVT
08-15-2012, 06:17 PM
My sons are mid 20's now and still go. I think your boy will have a blast. Both Epcot and Magic kingdom have interactive park games, not to mention he is big enough for the bigger thrill rides.

Snow's Mom
08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
He may like superheroes, but there is plenty for him to do at WDW, too. Just don't promise him superheroes so he's not disappointed.

I'm sure you'll have a great time together, no matter what you decide!

My nephew enjoyed pretty much everything at that age---you might also try pin collecting. He was pretty proud of his lanyard full of pins.

texas211
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I was there in may. Tons of characters in IOA. Marvel is there big time.

Transformers opened in Cali I believe, not in Florida.

BUt at DHS, didnt' see much. Noticed they didnt' even have avengers stuff on sale, despite last year I remember Norway being Thor World in the store.

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2012, 04:32 PM
I was there in may. Tons of characters in IOA. Marvel is there big time.

Transformers opened in Cali I believe, not in Florida.

BUt at DHS, didnt' see much. Noticed they didnt' even have avengers stuff on sale, despite last year I remember Norway being Thor World in the store.

Did you get a chance to interact with the Marvel characters??? They do a wonderful job with crowd interaction...

And Transformers has opened in Hollywood and is in the process of being built in Orlando in the Studios, not IOA.. Just another reason to go back to Universal in a year's time... :)

texas211
08-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, uses the same ride system as Spiderman. Looks cool.

lovemy3girls
08-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I suggest doing a day trip to IOA! Your grandson will be in superhero heaven! At Disney, look for the Avengers monorail, my son thinks its really cool! Other attractions that boys love-Star Tours, Light's, Motor, Action Stunt show, Indiana Jones stunt show, Toy Story Mania, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mission Space. Those are just a few, and I'm sure he will love everything! Also, fyi, They do sell Marvel merchandise now at some of the shops in WDW. Have fun!

W24toISMdirect
08-20-2012, 08:24 PM

Actually Marvel and all Marvel characters are Disney property lock, stock, and barrel. The situation is actuallly that licence Universal has on it's Marvel based attraction gives allows them to use the characters for as long as the attraction remains in operation. The leases all transfered to Disney when they purchased Marvel. So it's not accurate to say that Disney got the rights to "some things but they not others." It is more accurate to say that Marvel characters licenced to Universal are now Disney property, but the licence remains in effect. The licence does include a "no-compete" agreement which specifies that the owner of the intellectual property cannot licence it to another theme park company as long as the agreement with Universal stands, so Disney can't licence the characters to another theme park company, inlcuding themselves. But make no mistake: Legally speaking Spiderman is as Disney as Mickey Mouse.