PDA

View Full Version : What kind of design would you like to see on the refillable mugs?

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 11:51 AM
So for the past several years Disney has updated the refillable mug designs every two years. If the pattern continues they will introduce a new design in early 2013. What kind of design would you like to see?

I know everyone is going to say resort specific! Don't we all wish!!!!! However, I feel like that probably won't happen so what are some other ideas?

I would love to see a "4 parks, 1 world" design, with an image from each of the 4 parks.

I would also love for them to offer more than 3 color choices at a time, so that larger families could each have their own color mug. I think 4 or 5 colors would be better than just the 3 they usually have.

jimsgal05
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I would love the 4 parks 1 world for the refill mug..but they have more than 3 colors: red, yellow, black, pink and aqua blue... but they do need a change for 2013...I still have my 25th which I really can use because of what it says.. I wouldn't though.

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 12:49 PM
but they have more than 3 colors: red, yellow, black, pink and aqua blue...

They have offered more than 3 different colors but, as far as my experience, not all at the same time. Everytime we've purchased the mugs there have only been 3 color choices at the resort at the time. I know over the 2 years of this current design they've offered several colors, but never all at once. Just wish they could pick 4 or 5 colors to offer all at once.

TinkerbellT421
08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
In addition to the four parks one world idea I personally would love to see park specific mugs! with icons from each park as a decorative. Like Epcot could have spaceship earth, soarin, figment, etc. pic all around. Magic kingdom obviously would have the castle, pirates, etc.

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 12:58 PM
In addition to the four parks one world idea I personally would love to see park specific mugs! with icons from each park as a decorative. Like Epcot could have spaceship earth, soarin, figment, etc. pic all around. Magic kingdom obviously would have the castle, pirates, etc.

In July I did see some park specific mugs being sold at the little popcorn/drink stands in the parks. I didn't see one in each park, but I'm sure they probably have them in each park. They aren't refillable mugs, as far as I know, but they are the same type of mug. We got a Christmas themed one in DHS last December.

darthmacho
08-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Good question. I'd also like to see a greater variety of colors (at least 4, since I have 4 in my family.) Of course I'd like to see resort specific mugs, but since we can't have that, I'd be happy to see something specific on the mugs. Park icons or feature rides at each park would be my choice.

Crow
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
of course resort specific like i have from prior trips. usually i dont see more than 2 or 3 colors.
guess ill b getting another next wk, even though i have the same design from last yr..
Id like an Epcot one.
would anyone be willing to pay more for a mug that u could use at more than one resort or parks

Itchy
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
How about something in 3 D like the luggage tags. I think that would be cool.

It might cost a little more but they might sell more of them...:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 04:34 PM
How about something in 3 D like the luggage tags. I think that would be cool.

It might cost a little more but they might sell more of them...:mickey:

We have 4 or 5 of the large tumbler cups that have that 3D effect. I love them, and drink water out of them daily! The only thing with those cups is that they don't seem to last very long. The 3D part of the cup starts to crack and peel off from the white plastic inner part of the cup. I still love them, and honestly I doubt Disney really cares how long they'll last. LOL.

My "3D" cups have the "4 parks 1 world" logo with the icon from each park and Mickey in the middle. I think that would be an awesome new mug design!

TinkerbellT421
08-13-2012, 05:38 PM
In July I did see some park specific mugs being sold at the little popcorn/drink stands in the parks. I didn't see one in each park, but I'm sure they probably have them in each park. They aren't refillable mugs, as far as I know, but they are the same type of mug. We got a Christmas themed one in DHS last December.

Only ones im picturing are the cheesy plastic ones they sell at those stand for soda and such, I would like them as a refillable mug. I'll have to take a look in December for a Christmas one if they have them because I love Christmas and would love a Christmas refillable mug!

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Only ones im picturing are the cheesy plastic ones they sell at those stand for soda and such, I would like them as a refillable mug. I'll have to take a look in December for a Christmas one if they have them because I love Christmas and would love a Christmas refillable mug!

The ones I saw were the same exact style of the resort refillable ones. So keep an eye out in the parks.

My Christmas one is also the same type of mug as you get at the resorts, and has a holiday scene with Mickey with a Chrsitmas sweater and Santa hat, pulling a sled with presents and a Duffy bear, Minnie is checking a list of names, Pluto is follwing, and Goofy has a large stack of presents. There is a large Christmas tree in the background, and what appears to be Main Street USA also in the background. I bought the mug at DHS, but it looks like MK in the background. It says Happy Holidays and had a sparkly blue handle and lid.

TheVBs
08-13-2012, 06:30 PM
I love the 4 parks 1 world idea, that would be great! Otherwise, a larger variety of characters to choose from would be nice, fairies, villains, etc. And I agree that it would be nice to have more than 3 colors available at one time.

TinkerbellT421
08-13-2012, 08:29 PM
The ones I saw were the same exact style of the resort refillable ones. So keep an eye out in the parks.

My Christmas one is also the same type of mug as you get at the resorts, and has a holiday scene with Mickey with a Chrsitmas sweater and Santa hat, pulling a sled with presents and a Duffy bear, Minnie is checking a list of names, Pluto is follwing, and Goofy has a large stack of presents. There is a large Christmas tree in the background, and what appears to be Main Street USA also in the background. I bought the mug at DHS, but it looks like MK in the background. It says Happy Holidays and had a sparkly blue handle and lid.

:jaw::eyes: I want it!!! ahhh!!! I hope they have one somewhere when I'm there in December!!! thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

jimsgal05
08-14-2012, 10:07 AM
okay maybe I am silly case of the tuesdays..lol but when I was there may 2011 each park had thier own mug for 13.95 or 14.95 and you could refill it... but just in that park... it was at the small counter services and snack places not the carts...
maybe this was just last yr. I will be there soon 11 days so I will look for you all to see if each parrk has one... we are getting the free mugs , the Poly had all colors in may...

TinkerbellT421
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
okay maybe I am silly case of the tuesdays..lol but when I was there may 2011 each park had thier own mug for 13.95 or 14.95 and you could refill it... but just in that park... it was at the small counter services and snack places not the carts...
maybe this was just last yr. I will be there soon 11 days so I will look for you all to see if each parrk has one... we are getting the free mugs , the Poly had all colors in may...

Yes please! Never knew and I have been to a lot of snack place and counter services and have never seen them before :confused: The only different mug I saw was at Casey's in Magic Kingdom and it was a "Baseball theme" it was like $6.00 because it couldn't be used to refill at resorts only for drinks there at Casey and only right there and then. I think it was $5.95 and you got the cup with the soda, that once, and that is literally the only refillable mug I have ever seen, besides the ones you can purchase as merchandise but they are more "thermos" style which I do not care for thermoses.

brownie
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM

To the best of my knowledge, free refills have not been offered with the mugs in the parks.