PDA

View Full Version : wrapping up summer

minnie04
08-13-2012, 11:37 AM
If you took a Disney vacation this summer. How do you think it went?? Weather, crowds, food, parks, hotels, travel, family etc..:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
We just did 9 nights in WDW at the end of July/beginning of Aug. We actually had a fabulous time.

Weather wasn't nearly as bad as we were expecting. We had a few really hot and humid days, but most days after the afternoon storm the temps stayed fairly low. A few evenings the temp stayed around 77! We only got caught in a rain storm once. It was at AK, and we just put on ponchos and kept going. Every other time it rained we were either inside an attraction, or in our room getting ready to go back to the parks after a pool break.

The crowds also weren't that bad. We did everything we wanted without ever spending a full day in the parks. We either arrived early and got a lot done before the crowds picked up, or we stayed late and had a great time after lots of people went home for the night. We used FP when we could and never waited longer than 20 minutes for anything.

Everything else about our trip was great. The only problem we had was an accident that totaled my vehicle on the drive home. The weather was the factor in my accident. Had it not been raining I would not have wrecked.

AllDisney
08-22-2012, 11:14 PM
I leave in 9 days:thumbsup:. Is that still considered summer:blush:? I'll report back then:mickey:

dizneydeb22
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
We had a fantastic time on our trip last week! One issue was the humidity. We have been vacationing in Fl in August for the last 8 years and I have to say it was the hottest yet!

Also, the extra magic hours seemed a lot more crowded! Last year we were able to ride ToT and RNRC over and over. Last week the waits were over an hour.

But we would rather be in a hot and crowded Disney World than anywhere else!! Already started planning next August's trip!!:mickey:

EpcotChic23
08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
We went the start of June. Overall it was a good trip. DD (almost 3) loved it, which made it extra magical for me!! I still cry when I watch the video of her in the princess parade in Norway (her face was priceless). The weather was awful it rain almost everyday from noon to evening. Crowds were to be expected busy but bearable. Going for a quick trip the beginning of Oct. so it will be intresting to compare the times.