PDA

View Full Version : need help booking

showmethemouse
08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
dose anyone know when they start booking for next year. we are planning to go October 2013 when is the easily you can book a vacation. what is the best way to do it by call Disney and book or use a travel agency I'm trying to save as much money as in can . this is my first time booking myself :confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Magical Journeys they will get you the best price and it will cost you nothing. They do only Disney so they are experts.

AgentC
08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Another vote for Magical Journeys. I have been using Wendy there for years, but everyone there is great. They know the ins and outs of Disney and give great advice. They also watch your reservation for you and automatically get your rate adjusted if a better rate comes out before your trip.

I could book myself, but they make is so easy, why make the effort?

Here is a link to their site.Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/) :thumbsup:

disneymom15
08-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Magical Journeys they will get you the best price and it will cost you nothing. They do only Disney so they are experts.

They are the best. :thumbsup: They're an Intercot sponsor and many of us on this site wouldn't book without them.:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
08-13-2012, 09:58 AM
:ditto: on Magical Journeys. They are awesome!

In direct answer to your question, you can book now. They released the 2013 rates back in July. Fill out the MJ request form and they'll get back to you pretty quickly. Just make sure you keep a check on your spam folder as sometimes their return email gets shunted there.

gerald72
08-13-2012, 10:15 AM

Why do you say they only do Disney?
If you go to their site, on the first page you will see their specials for Universal Studios.

Dopey's Girl
08-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Another :thumbsup::thumbsup: for Magical Journeys! Wendy has been saving me time, money and grey hair for over 7 years! Couldn't/Wouldn't book without her!

j2k
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
We used Wendy at Magical Journeys and she made it so easy on me. I recommend using them.

sherriepaul
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Last year we booked everything through Disney, airfare, hotel, tickets, etc. It was all very easy and if we had a question or problem we called them and talked to someone! Did ADRs on the website and that was easy to do as well! We added on things like airfare and such later and had no problems! It really went all very smoothly.

DisneyDINK
08-13-2012, 11:49 AM
If you are talking about airfare, most airlines let you book just under a year out, but it varies. That would be the first thing I'd do (which, BTW MJ does not handle.) If you're driving, please disregard.

Since you said "call Disney" it sounds like you will stay on property. You can book a room only reservation now for next October (2013) at most of the WDW resort hotels. I don't think you should bother booking a room until you figure out your transportation though.

I am going in December of 2013. I will probably make my reservations about 7-9 months before my trip. This assumes I am SURE I'm going to go. I will book a room only reservation, not a package. This will give me a lot of flexibility (the Vacation Package booking rules are more restrictive). It will also help me with my budget, now I know about how much I'll spend.

Then, 180 days from my trip, I'll make a few dining reservations. Next, I sit and wait for the discounts to come.

Yeah, other posters have been pushing Magical Journeys (MJ) pretty hard. Yes, I use them and I recommend them as well. As the discounts are announced, MJ will help you out as other posters noted.

I have been in October and I got a free dining offer. Who knows about discounts for October of 2013, but there will probably be something. I like to book a room and when the discounts come out I can either pocket the discount or upgrade to a nicer room or resort or even a package with dining if it is now within my budget.

I hope this answers your question.

Have fun planning your trip!

showmethemouse
08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
thank everyone it sound like magical journey is the way go.

Tinkerbella16
08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Yup like everyone else said, Magical Journeys is the way to go! I used them for the first time for my upcoming trip next month and it was nothing but a breeze! They are so helpful and very prompt, getting back to any emails and questions you may have. Once a discount is released, they automatically apply it to your ressie if applicable and you don't have to do a thing!

I like to book at least 6-7 months in advance so that I can get what I really want and have any ADR's I may want booked at the 180 mark. :mickey:

Lindsey310
08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
They just released 2013 in July. I usually book right through the WDW website. After you book, you can start your countdown!!!!!

16 days and counting!!!!! :yay: