PDA

View Full Version : WDW Railroad Information

Kairi_7378
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
In the past few years, I have developed an interest in the workings of railroads. (I work for a transportation company and have worked on a lot of train station projects.) Can anyone recommend any good books or websites about the WDW railroad and monorail? I'd like to read up on this before our trip!

:train:

Zawadi
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I can't recommend any books but the "Behind the Steam Trains" tour (7:15am start at MK) has been recommended to us and we're going on it in Sept.

Renfairwedding
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
The tour gets you up and close to the trains and the rail yard.

I love anything steam... It was awesome.

Strmchsr
08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
:ditto: on the Behind the Steam Trains tour. It's awesome.

There is one book called Walt Disney's Railroad Story. It's kind of hard to find now, but it's an incredible book with all that you're asking for and much more.

PETE FROM NYC
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
You can find the tour on You tube

Main Street Jim
08-12-2012, 03:57 PM
There's a GREAT book out by Michael Broggie called "Walt Disney's Railroad Story". It's a hardcover book, about 300 pages, but has been out of print for a while. The Carolwood Pacific Web site might have a few copies for sale; eBay always has some. My wife says that Amazon.com has some reprints (signed copies). My favorite train book :) Has info on everything from Walt's Carolwood Pacific to the Tokyo and Paris trains.

There's also "The Fort Wilderness Railroad" book; there's a couple about Disneyland's trains ("From Plantation to Theme Park: The Ward Kimball Story" - about the locomotive, not the animator).

I've got a GREAT link to some message boards about ALL of the Disney rail equipment :) PM me if you'd like it.