PDA

View Full Version : not on the ddp

motherof4
08-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I am not on the ddp and I have a family of 6 any suggestions where we can get cheap eats in the 4 parks or outside the parks

Lindsey310
08-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Where are you staying?
In magic kingdom, we like caseys corner or pecos bill.
Animal kingdom: love love love flame tree BBQ.
Epcot: either eat in china (quick service) or they have that nice pizza take out window in Italy. Wouldnt recommend any other quick service in epcot. Once ate at abc commissary and was sick.
Hollywood studios I like the quick service by the backlot studio tour.

Earl of sandwich is good in downtown Disney. I like the Mara at animal kingdom lodge and the food court at port Orleans riverside has just about everything.

18 days and counting!!!!!! :joy::joy:

missastrocat
08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
When I've paid out of pocket in the past, I have a few places I went regularly with my family:
DHS-The Pizza Planet CS which is across from Muppet Vision
AK - Flame Tree (We tried the place in the dinosaur area and it was an overpriced mcdonald's back in 2005.)
Epcot - Katsura Grill in Japan ($8.99 for my favorite chicken teryaki)
Magic Kingdom - We usually would do Pecos Bills
Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich

Most of the places like this we figured about $10 per entree, and would split a large soda (light ice) or just get water. We would even bring in some snacks we could eat when we wanted to keep spending money on food down.

Gator
08-11-2012, 02:50 PM
At AK, they have the Yak&Yeti counter service which serves some pretty good food.

At MK, Pecos Bill's Cafe and Starlight Cafe both have fixen's bars for the hamburgers, which makes it a bit better than just another burger joint.

Epcot has the Tangeriene Cafe in Moroco which has great gyros and salads. Also, the Fish&Chips in the UK is good. Biergarten in Germany has one of the cheaper buffets, with good food and great ambience.

DHS is a roll of the dice. SciFi Diner is kinda cheap/not expensive. And only eat at Pizza Planet if you're not picky about how pizza tastes.

There's also the food courts at all the resorts. It's cheap and the food ain't bad.

Kairi_7378
08-11-2012, 02:56 PM
DH and I have had good luck splitting meals at Flame Tree BBQ (AK), Tangerine Cafe (Epcot), and Sunshine Seasons (also Epcot.) Pecos Bill's is another good bet for large portion sized CS style meals.

I'm sure that you've thought of this, but we also bring a lot of food from home on vacation. We usually have breakfast in the room and carry snacks for DS for the parks. We also bring Thermos water bottles. (You can re-fill them with free water from most CS locations.)

Pirate Granny
08-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Cosmic rays has Chichen and ribs that easily enough for 2. Riverside and A od A has build your own pasta, which would feed 2' earl of sandwich and peco's bill has sandwiches large enough to share.