PDA

View Full Version : Party for the Senses for non-alcohol drinker?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
My family will be attending the F&W Festival for the 3rd time this fall. :beer: We like to try new and unusual foods and my son (who will be 21 years old in 2 weeks and will be going with us on this trip) just finished culinary school. We are considering going to the PFTS, but I am not an alcohol drinker and we also have a daughter who is 16 and won't be drinking alcohol either. My question to those who have attended this event in the past: is it worth the cost for the food and atmosphere alone and are there non-alcoholic beverages available?

Thanks in advance for any information! :thumbsup:

faline
08-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Perhaps some of the folks who frequent the dining forum can help answer your question - heading over there now!

Disoriented
08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I also do not partake in alcoholic libations and I will be attending my 6th or 7th PFTS on October 6th. the food is the major player in my mind. I don’t even notice the wine stations. I only drink water these days and they do supply Evian by the bottle.

As far as if it is worth the cost, only you can decide that, but I have a good time and look forward to attending many more.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Thanks! I have made the reservations for the party on October 27th and can't wait. I definitely think it will be worth it! :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Alot of the dishes they serve at the PFTS are the culinary demos done 3X a day at the Festival center. They are prepared by a chef and very tasty and informative. We went to PFTS last year and we could only eat so much in a few hours. This year they have 3 tiers and I would definately want to reserve seating if you have a group. That is I believe $170.00 plus and if you think you can eat that much food for the money then it is worth it. If you have not seen Cirque they are the entertainment and add to the experience. The candy table last year was to die for. Was worth a once to try anyway.There are non alcholic beverages available for sure.