PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian

lgeandme
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
We are staying at the Grand Floridian (Garden View) for the first time in February. We have visited the hotel many times but never stayed there. We spend the majority of our time at the parks (esp. MK) and have children ranging from 13 to an infant. Our main reasons for staying at GF is proximity to MK and Monorail. With this in mind, does anyone have a suggestion on which building or room to stay in. Thanks in advance!

faline
08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
We stayed at Boca Chica and loved it! We didn't book a special view so I think we were upgraded a little bit. Our room was on the end of the resort looking over Narcoosee's Restaurant. From our room, we were able to see most of the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom (as long as they cleared the roof of Narcoosee's). The quiet pool was right outside our building and it was a very short walk from our building to the main building. Our location also meant, we were very near the boat dock.

If we stayed here again, I would not hesitate to request the same building!

SBETigg
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
It's not really a large, spread out resort. There's not much far from anything. We loved Boca Chica and Conch Key. Weren't as fond of our stay in Sago Key, but it was really close to the lobby building/monorail. Though, as I said, nothing is far from it. And, you will find that it's not all about the monorail. There's also a boat launch, which is convenient, too. And closest to the boat is further from monorail. At this resort, you can't go wrong.

We loved taking the monorail to the MK- it's crowded by the time it gets to the GF from the Poly, but MK is the first stop from the GF, not even a five minute ride. And we loved taking the boat back from the MK. It's the first stop from the MK, followed by the Poly. Occasionally, we enjoyed just taking the boat to the Poly, too. You will love the proximity to MK. It's my favorite resort.

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Boca Chica and Conch Key are great locations. Enjoy!

We usually take the monorail to the MK and then take the boat from MK back to the GF.

Keneva
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
We ended up taking the boat launch about 90% of the time back to GF so Boca Chica would be a good location for proximity to that. We stayed at Sugarloaf which was in between boat launch and monorail. You hear the boat whistle the closer to the launch that you get. Some like that, some don't. There is construction going on between Poly and the GF kids pool so I would stay away from those buildings.