PDA

View Full Version : Need check-in reassurance...

the other micki
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
We are checking in to our resort the first day free dining is offered for a certain period. Can we check in as early as we like, say 8 am or so, and our cards will be ready with our dining credits on them? I don't care if our room is ready yet. But if we check-in on the correct day, it doesn't matter how early, right?

Hope this makes sense!

MargaretMessler
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
As soon as you check in, all benefits you are due (park tickets, meals, etc.) are loaded onto your card. If you use the online check in feature, I hear you may even have a greater chance of your ROOM being ready as well, though I have no experience personally since that's new from my last visit.

Strmchsr
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
The earliest you can check-in on a certain day is 7 am. That's when the new day officially begins. But, after that you will have full access to you tickets and dining credits whether your room is ready or not.

the other micki
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks! We'll check-in at 8 am at the earliest, so we should be okay. :thumbsup:

brownie
08-11-2012, 10:49 AM
If you check-in online, one of the questions you're asked is what time you expect to check-in. They'll have your packet of stuff ready for you.

the other micki
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks, brownie!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Just want to add to the the reassurance from everyone. We check in early too, and have never had an issue with getting our room keys or dining credits, when we did online checkin, and the times we didn't.

We've had less luck with our room being ready early, but it really didn't matter, we were off to the parks and having fun while our room was getting ready.

LudwigVonDrake
08-11-2012, 06:48 PM
If you check-in online, one of the questions you're asked is what time you expect to check-in. They'll have your packet of stuff ready for you.

I've never had an issue with online check-in until my last trip. I got to the WL at around 10:30 am and my packet wasn't ready and the guy checking me in wasn't going to give me my Key to the Kingdom card because my room wasn't ready. After some dialogue they gave me a contingency key but had to go back to the front desk when my room was ready to get my "real" key.