PDA

View Full Version : Disney for Android

Dyanna
08-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I just purchased the new AT & T Samsung Galaxy S III with the Android operating system. Got home & went to get the My Disney Experience as well as the Disney tv apps only to find they are not avail for the droid. What makes Apple get these apps before the droid & why cant they release them at the same time. I was trying to avoid having to bring my Ipod on our trip in Oct. The info I found is that the MDE app should be released in the fall but when?

Wolf
08-09-2012, 11:08 AM
It will probably be out by then, just give it some time.

BrerGnat
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
The Mobile Magic App is available in the Google Play store. I have that on my Samsung Galaxy S2. It still works. I heard that the My Disney Experience app will simply be an "update" to the Mobile Magic app for Android devices, so if you install M.M., in a couple months, it will prompt you to update it to My Disney Experience.

I believe it is called "Disney Parks Mobile Magic" or something similar.

Dyanna
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I just tried to get the app but it tells me its not compatable with my phone.:thedolls: What??!! Its a 2 day old phone with newest software. Guess I will have to see if the new version will be out before our trip in Oct.

BrerGnat
08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Its a 2 day old phone with newest software.

This is why it's not compatible.

There are many different Android versions. The latest update to Mobile Magic may not have included your current operating version.

Don't worry, I'm sure the new app will be out before October. If not, it's not the end of the world...the Disney mobile site itself actually gives very accurate wait times once you are inside the park! And, you can do the mobile dining page and all that through your phone's browser. Fear not!

March Hare
09-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Guess I will have to see if the new version will be out before our trip in Oct.

go download the new app it was just released

BrerGnat
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
go download the new app it was just released

Had to go through the Google Play store on my computer to find this, but thanks for the heads up!

Dyanna
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I got it :-) Just in time as we leave in 28 days woohoo!!

brownie
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I installed the My Disney Experience - WDW app for Android last night. It's not a finished product yet. You can't add any trip details like you can with Mobile Magic.

figgie
09-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Installed it also but need some time to play with it before I know how to use it. Was surprised when I went to check wait times and it asked me to sign-in to my Disney account. For all you tec people, is this normal? My last app never asked me to do this before geting wait times...

faline
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Installed it also but need some time to play with it before I know how to use it. Was surprised when I went to check wait times and it asked me to sign-in to my Disney account. For all you tec people, is this normal? My last app never asked me to do this before geting wait times...

The new app requires that you be signed in.

BrerGnat
09-08-2012, 01:19 PM
The new app requires that you be signed in.

It's because they are watching you. :secret:

DizneyRox
09-13-2012, 07:01 AM
It's because they are watching you. :secret:
Half this and probably half they want to keep people from using their info in third party apps, etc.

DizneyRox
09-13-2012, 10:52 AM
I just tried to get the app but it tells me its not compatable with my phone.:thedolls: What??!! Its a 2 day old phone with newest software. Guess I will have to see if the new version will be out before our trip in Oct.
Get used to it... This is the biggest problem with Android, fragmentation...

This is also the reason why most of the "good" apps hit Apple products first. Developing for iOS gets you the most bang for your buck. It'll work on just about all iPhones out there (yes there are exceptions, but...); the iPhone is the number one selling phone. When you're talking about Android (which is the number one selling OS - different than phone) there are so many different versions, phone capabilities, etc, that developing for it gets tricky and will take longer.