PDA

View Full Version : Which Italian at Epcot?

Zeike
08-08-2012, 10:46 PM
We are making our adr for december and where undecided on which italian restaurant Via Napoli or Tuto? DW loves pasta...which one would you recommend?

Also is Tony Town Square at MK any good?

Thanks!!! :mickey:

Itchy
08-09-2012, 01:38 AM
We are making our adr for december and where undecided on which italian restaurant Via Napoli or Tuto? DW loves pasta...which one would you recommend?

Also is Tony Town Square at MK any good?

Thanks!!! :mickey:

I would vote for a true Italian meal it should be Tutto Italian. The atmosphere and food makes you feel like you are in Italy. My lady friend who loves Italian food says its as close as you are going to get.

Via Napoli is good but left me feeling like I was at an upper end pizza place.

I don't have any input on Tony's but I would not recommend Mama Melrose at DHS.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

MaterializedHaunt
08-09-2012, 06:44 AM
I agree with Itchy, Tutto is more of the authentic style Italian while Via N. is more americanize. My dad had at little issue with Via N. when he went there. He order Chicken parm. and when they brought him his food it was just check... only chicken parm with NO pasta! Does that make sense? Maybe its a northern thing that we serve pasta with out chicken parm up here? Not really sure but seems liked a ripped to me. Only mentioned that since your DW is a pasta lover.

BriarRose0708
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I haven't been to either, but will be going to Via Napoli on my next trip. I love the wood oven thin crust style of pizza! I have heard good things about the pasta dishes at VN though, the spaghetti and meatballs in particular.

I ate at Tony's about three years ago and very much enjoyed my meal. I ordered a mushroom ravioli that I don't think is still on the menu but it was very good! My friends really liked their meals too, especially the chicken parm and shrimp scampi dishes.

Parmesan is more the style of preparation and not necessarily served with pasta, although that tends to be customary in the US. In Italy, pasta is more of a side dish than part of the main entree. I've seen more and more that spaghetti is a choice along with veggies, potatoes, or a green salad with the chicken, eggplant or veal or whatever is presented Parmesan.

puck292
08-09-2012, 09:36 AM
We have eaten at both. VERY different atmosphere at each restaurant. Tutto Italia does feel like an old school italian restaurant. Very authentic. Food is pretty good, service is great. Via Napoli is loud and much more casual. I found the pizzas to be very good as were the appetizers, especially the arancini. My children 14 and 12 preferred Via Napoli. Try the sangria! I my opinion cant miss with food from either. I believe more a question of what atmosphere you are looking for. We are going to Via Napoli during our trip this month. Enjoy!

elmjimmlm
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
We have only been to Via Napoli in Epcot and I have to say they have the best pizza anywhere... Tony's is a nice restaurant and I love the Lady and the Tramp theme... I have never had a bad meal at either place...:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
08-09-2012, 10:17 AM
We love love love via Napoli. Haven't tried the new Tutto yet because we really love via Nap.

Tony's gave us all major Heartburn.

Mama Melrose - we used to love til the dining plan reared it's ugly head. Now the menu choices are more limited.....

Good luck with your decision!

Yo Mickey!
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
i went to tutto italia on my last trip to enjoy their beer selections and the cavatappi (sp?). the portion was very small but it was also very good. nice atmosphere for a light meal!

Crow
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
unfortunatelly Via Napoli a few months ago was a big letdown, last yr it was good
Tonys was a few trips ago, not impressed. even longer ago was Mamas..and even longer before that was Tutto, so can give u recent input on that. the new wine place looks interesting...

sherriepaul
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
We went to Tony's last year and we all liked it kids, parents, and grand parent. It'ss very busy and a little noisy but had big portions! But we did like the theme and atmosphere! Sorry haven't been to the other places hopefully next year!

Tinkerbella16
08-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I would not recommend Mama Melrose or Tony's.. having been to both, we did care for either.

I would narrow it down to Tutto or Via Napoli.. both are very good and you can order pasta at both. You just have to decide if you'd like the more fancy atmosphere or a high end pizza place atmosphere. Via Napoli is probably my favorite out of the two. The pizza and pasta are soooo good and the desserts are wonderful!

Lindsey310
08-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Hands down via Napoli. I think tutto italia has gone downhill in recent years. I think it was better when it was the previous restaurant. My vote is via Napoli. I am obsessed with the pasta there! :eat:

brownie
08-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Via Napoli has very good pizza. We ate at Tony's in December 2010 and enjoyed our lunch there. I thought the spaghetti and meatballs was good.

phlo8810
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Been to tony's once and will not be going back. We LOVE Via Napoli. You can taste the freshness of every ingredient they use. very good, very fresh. Tutto IMO has gone drastically downhill (As has Chefs de France). The menu is very blah and I thought the food is nothing to right home about either. Haven't tried the new wine cellar but peeked in and it looks pretty good.

ImLovinDisney
08-13-2012, 08:55 AM
On our trip in 10/2012 we ate at Tutto, Tony's and Napoli. We were on deluxe dining plan, so we ate at a lot of other TS places as well during our 8 day trip. Hands down Tutto was our family's favorite meal. DH,DD 16, DS 10 and myself. Great food, outstanding service and nice atmosphere. We enjoyed our meals at Tony's, and being from the south, we were delighted to find out that they actually had sweet tea! (only place on property we were told) Napoli seemed to be an upscale pizza parlor, it was good, don't get me wrong, but Tutto was great. Happy Dining on whatever you may choose! :mickey:

azcavalier
08-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Via Napoli was created to highlight pizza. There is pasta on the menu, but that's not the specialty. The pizza there, IMHO, is very good.

Tutto Italia is more of the traditional italian restaurant. I like it very much, but unfortunately, my DW doesn't care for it, so we haven't eaten there in a few years. Gonna have to convince her to put it back in the rotation starting next year.

Never had Mama Melrose's. The majority of people seem to not care for it/downright hate it. We are planning to try it in the spring.

Tony's in the MK we've had once or twice. I thought it was just OK, but my wife didn't care for it. The kids, of course, loved it. But my kids aren't picky. In my mind, Tony's is to italian restaurants what Denny's is to american restaurants. Denny's isn't really looked at as classy or even very nice. Some people get mocked for going to Denny's. But by golly, it's always got a lot of patrons there.