PDA

View Full Version : Run Disney Question

egospotter
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Wondering if anyone here knows... My husband is running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler, this will be his first race. I know he has to go to Wide World of Sports to pick up his packet, I assume that he gets in there free being a runner. I'm wondering if I go with him, will I have to pay to get in?

Also for anyone who has run before, how long does the packet pickup usually take?

Melanie
08-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Neither of you will have to pay. I've done this many times accompanying my husband as the non-runner.

Packet pick-up itself should take no longer than 30 minutes, but it's fun to look around the expo and see all that is offered.

Have fun! Do you plan on being a spectator on the race route? I can't think of many things that are more fun to me. I LOVE cheering on the runners for runDisney events!!!! :thumbsup:

egospotter
08-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks!

I'm looking forward to going to Wide World of Sports, it's the only place at Disney World I've never been to.

I have a ticket for the party, not sure how the spectating will work exactly. I know they start at the Studios, run to Wide World of Sports and then back and spectators can only view in the studios, so I figure on getting a few rides on Star Tours while hubby is running and then trying to see him when he comes back to the park.

We had some family members run the 1/2 and full marathon in January and we able to catch my hubby's cousin running through Epcot. It was pretty cool, but we just got lucky being at the right place and being able to pick him out from all the other runners. I'm not holding out that I will be able to see him run, but I certainly will try!

Melanie
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I have a ticket for the party, not sure how the spectating will work exactly.

Yeah, since this is the only major race my hubby has not run, I don't have any advice as to where to catch them on the course. Maybe wherever they re-enter the park from WWoS?

Kati
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Thank you for asking this question! I was just wondering how packet pick-up would work, myself.

From some of the rumors I hear, there are three spots to catch the runners that will give the best view:

(1) The front of Mickey's Sorcerer hat, looking out to the entrance to the park

(2) Right next to Toy Story Mania - they will run right underneath the Pixar sign

(3) In between the American Idol Experience and the GMR - that side pathway

My recommendation would be to try and catch him at the hat, and then try to make it over to ToT before he finishes - he will have to run through Pixar land and around the very edge of the park before making it to ToT, so you might have a chance :thumbsup:

You should be able to see the runner's course map on RunDisney - I highly recommend taking a look before the race starts.

Hope that helps! I'll be running it myself, and already looking forward to it.

egospotter
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I had checked out the map, but didn't know about the places to watch. I actually have a friend running in addition to my husband so I hope to see them both!