PDA

View Full Version : we have an extra TS on meal plan

jimsgal05
08-07-2012, 08:52 AM
help we have an extra TS on the free meal plan...so we are having dinner late in Japan can I order and extra meal even though there will be only 4 of us?...and just take it to the resort?

we have an extra because 3 of us are having breaksat with the princess in MK counts as 2 TS my DH will be on behind the steams train tour... he will eat a CS... for breakfast
HELP....

SBETigg
08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I think it might depend on if the restaurant is willing or able to package an entire meal to go. You could take your chances, since it's free dining anyway. Or you could see if you could fit in another meal somewhere and pay oop for the rest of you.

disneynarula
08-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't think they can stop you from ordering an extra entree.

Ms. Mode
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought they had a rule about "to go" orders on the Dining Plan. (?)

Mfarquar
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
If you're eating at Tepan Edo in Japan, it may not be a big deal to throw some more steak or shrimp on the grill :)

#1donaldfan
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I would think you could order any amount of meals you wanted.....the more you order will increase the tip percentage, and that they will love !!! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
08-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I think there is a rule that you can not use more TS credits at one meal than the number of people that are sharing the same room reservation/DDP number. If there are 4 of you, you would only be able to use 4 credits. I also think it may link in with the computer system and not let the restaurant do it even if they wanted to.

phillydan
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
If there is a rule about the number of people at the table, then have them run the extra meal through separately. When I was doing conter service and sncks in the same order, they just did 2 separate tranactions to ensure that the system would take it. Also, I doubt they would give you a hard time ordering a meal "to-go".

VWL Mom
08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
we have an extra because 3 of us are having breaksat with the princess in MK counts as 2 TS my DH will be on behind the steams train tour... he will eat a CS... for breakfast
HELP....

If he's missing a 2TS meal then wouldn't you have 2 leftover? Maybe you and he could sneak away for a quiet TS lunch together during your trip.

BrerGnat
08-07-2012, 01:22 PM
No, you cannot use 5 TS credits for 4 people at one meal.

You CAN order 4 meals, then share something with someone else in your party and ask for the extra food to be boxed up.

jimsgal05
08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
thanks I know we can't get extra at TS that are buffets, we ahve 1 extra meal because my self and dd17 and dd6 are eating at the castel for breakfast, maybe he can get ameal at tonys to go just himself for lunch...well I will call disney
as it is I had to change things because my airlines changes the takeoff time from 6am to 2pm... so not happy ahd to cancell 1900 park fare for our 1st dinner at disney..grrrrr
well you all have great info tho share...much love and have a magical day to all!

Mfarquar
08-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Ugh! I hate when airlines do that!!

Awful.

I think your Tony's takeout idea is a good one. Calling Disney should help clear up some of the uncertainty.

Or, if you try using the extra TS at a meal at the beginning of your trip and it doesn't work, at least you'll have more opportunity to figure out what to do with it instead.

ALSO, VWLMom has a GREAT point - it seems as though your husband will actually have 2 counter services left over because Cindy's is a double TS restaurant. Might be a great lunch for 2 instead!

natstroop
08-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe DH could eat at a TS breakfast instead of a CS? That way you wouldn't be down a CS credit when you need to eat lunch.