PDA

View Full Version : Gaston's Tavern

housemouse
08-06-2012, 09:54 PM
This may be a silly question but, what exactly will this location be? If it is to be food and drink location, how will the tavern theme fit in with the no alcohol policy for the Magic Kingdom. After all, Gaston's sidekick(can't remember his name) asks in the song-"more beer?"

Melanie
08-07-2012, 05:33 AM
No beer! Think about it, there's already Liberty Tree Tavern and Tortuga Tavern in Magic Kingdom. "Tavern" has a different meaning once you cross under that Train Station. ;)

MaterializedHaunt
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Mel is right. Once your in MK Disney is very good about emersing yourself into the child side of everything. Maybe they may even do non-alch drinks like Universal does with Butterbeer. Just a thought, but wouldnt surprise me if there were to be no beer/alch references.

azcavalier
08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Mel is right. Once your in MK Disney is very good about emersing yourself into the child side of everything. Maybe they may even do non-alch drinks like Universal does with Butterbeer. Just a thought, but wouldnt surprise me if there were to be no beer/alch references.

How about cider? I'll bet they have something...root beer! Sarsaparilla!

KAT1811
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a rootbeer float or something along those lines. I bet the "tavern" portion will focus more on the decor with all of his "trophies" on the walls, etc.

squijee
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Saw on another website grand opening is set for Dec 6 any chance they could be open for Halloween without the grand opening?

GusNJacque
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Previews don't begin till November 19.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-11-2012, 08:51 AM
How about cider? I'll bet they have something...root beer! Sarsaparilla!

I just can't resist..

Originally Sang by 'The Father'
Well, with all this talking, I've worked up quite a thirst. I think I'll take one of those new fangled trolleys down to the drug store soda fountain and meet the boys for a cold sarsaparilla. Oh... ha ha, I'm sorry, I forgot... we're drinking root beer now! Same kind of thing, different name. Well, that's progress for you. Speaking of progress...

and now I really can't resist...:sing:

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Shining at the end of every day.
And tomorrow is just a dream away.
Man has a dream and that's the start.
He follows his dream in mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality,
It's a dream come true for you and me.
So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Shining at the end of every day.
Just a dream away....

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I just can't resist..

and now I really can't resist...:sing:

:dance:

Pirate Granny
08-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Wonder if the restaurant will have a soft opening,,,we are there the week after thanksgiving...can't wait...caught the soft opening, unannounced of dumbo...fast passes and all in June.

housemouse
09-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Well, don't look now when you cross under the train station but, alcohol will be served at Be Our Guest. I suppose my premontion of beer at a tavern(imagine that), even it it was in the MK wasn't too far off base. So much for the "dry" park at WDW. I honestly liked the fact that the MK was alcohol free so, I'm not sure if this is good, bad or otherwise but, things change.

BrerGnat
09-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Well, don't look now when you cross under the train station but, alcohol will be served at Be Our Guest. I suppose my premontion of beer at a tavern(imagine that), even it it was in the MK wasn't too far off base. So much for the "dry" park at WDW. I honestly liked the fact that the MK was alcohol free so, I'm not sure if this is good, bad or otherwise but, things change.

There has been no indication that this will happen at Quick Service locations. At this point in time, Disney has very specifically stated that the alcohol will be limited to ONE restaurant at MK, and only at dinner service.

On a related note, would anyone say that Beauty and the Beast is not a kid friendly movie, or is a bad influence, because of this scene in the tavern? Hmmmm....

Capt_redshirt
09-15-2012, 09:48 PM
in the concept art it showed kids with big beer mugs my guess is they are going to do root beer floats or a butterbeer type concoction

DizneyFreak2002
09-15-2012, 10:17 PM
in the concept art it showed kids with big beer mugs my guess is they are going to do root beer floats or a butterbeer type concoction

Yep... already announced a specialty drink.. a carbon copy of the drink from Carsland in DCA, not even a new brew...