PDA

View Full Version : Expiring points

Plex
08-06-2012, 09:01 PM
So I accidentally missed my banking deadline. I'm only a week past the deadline - is there any chance at all of getting those points banked? Or are they now use or lose?

Aurora
08-06-2012, 10:05 PM
We're not the people to ask. Call Member Services immediately and see what they say. My guess is that now you have to use them or lose them, but you will never know unless you try.

MinnieMommie
08-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree that you should call asap and ask. I don't have experience with this so can't say from personal experience is they exercise leniency in this area. I recommend you speak with a manager. If you have to use or loose the good thing is that you have the fall and holiday season coming up to enjoy an unexpected trip.

VWL Mom
08-09-2012, 06:52 AM
There is a rule that allows for a once in a lifetime banking rule exception. Depending on the amount of points involved you may want to use it. Other than that, they're usually pretty strict about it but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

Another option, rather than lose them, would be to rent them out. You could do it on your own but I would suggest using one of the rental agencies. Our sponsor, TimeShare Store, is one that can help you out.

Maleficent's Dad
08-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Or,if you're feeling overly generous, you could transfer them to another person's DVC account for them to use! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm interested in knowing how this turned out for you. Was MS accommodating?