PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick our last ADR! :)

famlovesdisney
08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I have one last ADR to make for our non-park day on our upcoming trip in December. Since we will not be going to the parks on this particular day, I thought we would try one of the resort restaurants. There are four of us- myself, DH, DD 5, and DS 7. DS is a very picky eater- doesn't really like to try unfamiliar things. Often times won't even eat if we go out. DD is a pretty adventurous eater and will always try something at least once. I was thinking either Ohana or Whispering Canyon (? I think that's the one at the WL). Any advice?

SBETigg
08-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Both of your choices are good ones. You might also consider 1900 Park Fare, a character buffet with the reportedly very funny stepsisters of Cinderella. I love Sanaa and Kouzzina, but they might be tough choices with a picky eater.

Itchy
08-06-2012, 04:55 PM
You might try the Wave, Kona, or Boatwrights.

Good food and familiar menu.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

mgmnut
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I think for a picky eater Whispering Canyon is a good choice between that and 'Ohana. We ate a WCC and enjoyed it very much!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I think Whispering Canyon Cafe is a great choice. The food is yummy, not "different" and we've always enjoyed it!

DD and I are picky, and always have more than enough to choose from at WCC.

Kairi_7378
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd pick WCC or Sanaa. There are kids meals available at Sanaa if your son doesn't want to eat from the adult menu.

Gator
08-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Both of your choices are good ones. You might also consider 1900 Park Fare, a character buffet with the reportedly very funny stepsisters of Cinderella.

I can vouch for this place. Either for breakfast or dinner, the character interation is great and the food is good as well. The sticky buns for breakfast are the best I've ever had. The dinner has a chilled strawberry soup that is fantastic!

darthmacho
08-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Whispering Canyon is a great choice because it is also fun for kids. I like to eat at one Wilderness Lodge restaurant each trip, and usually choose WC.

famlovesdisney
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for all the advice! We have decided to go with Whispering Canyon. We've never been to the Wilderness Lodge, but I think the atmosphere of it will appeal to the kids. Plus if it is fun for the kids they may be more inclined to actually eat. At least that is the hope!:mickey:

KAT1811
08-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I would go with 'Ohana just for the adventure of it all. They are very accomodating and will bring over a special child dinner if you ask. I think we got both a grilled cheese and chicken fingers on our last trip there. If DS isn't going to eat there are a ton of things to keep him entertained there. He can watch them cook over the fires, they have coconut races, hula lessons, and limbo contests. Not to mention the "parade" they do around the restaurant. Whispering Canyon is okay in my personal opinion. Nothing to write home about. I think that the server can make or break the experience. We had a not so fun server they last time we were there and haven't been back since. It just wasn't much fun.

Trail's End is also fun considering there is a lot to do at Fort Wilderness.

Just thought I would put my :twocents: in