PDA

View Full Version : Booked the Pontoon Boat

Hull-onian
08-06-2012, 09:49 AM
for Illuminations. Yes, it is expensive, but something I have never done before. I think the family will like it. It's going to be a surprise. I'm so looking forward to a new adventure at the World Showcase. It's so exciting, can't wait........:mickey:

Melanie
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, and yes, it's great to do new things at WDW after going so many times. Enjoy! :fworks:

Main Street Jim
08-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Are you renting it just for your family?

Reason I ask is, if you have others (that are obviously going with you) that are wanting to do the cruise, you can split the cost.

Oh, about 6-7 years ago, we did this with about 15 people and split the cost among us. :thumbsup: That way, no one person/family had to pay the whole thing. Plus, it's a lot more fun :)

faline
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

VWL Mom
08-06-2012, 11:03 AM
What a great surprise! Enjoy yourselves and be sure to report back.

mgmnut
08-06-2012, 12:20 PM
for Illuminations. Yes, it is expensive, but something I have never done before. I think the family will like it. It's going to be a surprise. I'm so looking forward to a new adventure at the World Showcase. It's so exciting, can't wait........:mickey:

Sounds like lots of Fun. Going in a couple weeks, where do you find info on the pontoon rentals?

MaterializedHaunt
08-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Your going to have a blast! It is alot fun!

Sounds like lots of Fun. Going in a couple weeks, where do you find info on the pontoon rentals?

Information on this can be found HERE (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp). I do believe these are older prices and they have gone up. Might want to contact Disney directly and ask about it: 1-407-824-4321 (Disney Information)

epceddie
08-06-2012, 09:01 PM
This is going back at least 10 years, but we were lucky to get two boats on a family trip and we had a blast. It was a lot of money, about $500, but the cost was split six ways (I have three brothers and two sisters) and it was so worth it.
We took a ride around the water in front of the Boardwalk before pulling up to a spot under a bridge to watch Illuminations.
It was a family highlight that we still talk about. Watch out for the wind direction though, because there's a lot of smoke from all of the fireworks.
Hope you have a great time!!!!!!

Hull-onian
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Our booked date for Illuminations on the pontoon boat is Thursday, August 30th in the evening at 8:00 p.m. and I have room for seven more if anyone is interested in meeting us at the Beach and Yacht Club, it will be $35.00 per person. Private message me, thanks.......

Cinderelley
08-11-2012, 03:25 AM
I am really thinking about doing this for our trip. Let us know how it is.

How early did you have to call to book it? Is it like breakfast in the castle?

mgmnut
08-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Hull-onian I sent you a message

Lindsey310
08-12-2012, 09:10 AM
How much does this run? And do you have to book a private party? Thanks :mickey:

Main Street Jim
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
From what I can remember price-wise, it's about $250 per boat. You can split the cost with other parties if you prefer, and no, it's not a "private" party :) Anyone can book it.

Hull-onian
08-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I have answered my private message from MGMNUT, hopefully, you will see it, and yes there is room for four more. It's gonna be so much fun, I can't wait, and I will do a trip report. Thanks to all who answered.

SBETigg
08-13-2012, 12:18 PM
I can't wait to hear all about it! Maybe something to consider on future family trips.

Hull-onian
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
How much does this run? And do you have to book a private party? Thanks :mickey:

I was really lucky to get a pontoon on short notice. I called and one was available during my stay at Disney. You book it yourself, and it is held with a credit card up front. For me it was $346.00. I said, "Self", it's well worth it. So I booked it for three with seven open spaces. So I advertised sort of on INTERCOT and I got an offer, I'm awaiting the reply and I will see what happens. I guess Disney considers it a private party when it is held on your credit card. If you have Disney Dollars you can use them or AAA, you get 15% discount. Also, you don't have to, but it is nice to tip The Captain of the pontoon. They also provide drinks and snacks. A good time will be had by all.