PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Talk Question

darthmacho
08-06-2012, 05:55 AM
This is a bit of a difficult question to answer, but I'm hoping that anyone that has seen this show may be able to discern the answer to my question, which is this:

Does Crush generally speak to only the smallest children in the audience? How likely is he to talk to an 8 or 11 year old? I know that by WDW standards they are older kids, but they are still my babies, and I want to see them have the best time possible. Is that a fair question?

Thanks in advance for any answers. :mickey:

AgentC
08-06-2012, 08:14 AM
I have seen Crush talk to kids of all ages. When you enter the room, they allow the children to sit on the floor up front. Although he will talk to people on the benches, your best bet is to have your children sit on the floor.

TinkerbellT421
08-06-2012, 09:22 AM
I have seen Crush talk to adults in the audience too! The slower the night the more likely he will talk to just about anyone. One night there was like ten of us there so he made due with what he had lol. But if you can, try and sit as close up front as possible. But the chances are pretty good. Plus, you can always talk to one of the CM's at the entrance and see if it's possible to make a special memory for you :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2012, 09:38 AM
DD was 9 and 10 the two times we went to Crush. Both times, she was the star of the show and Crush talked to her FOREVER!

Both times she sat up front, and had Mickey ears on. The second time, she was wearing the gold ears and Crush asked to talk to the "dudette wearing the golden half-shell", so they got his attention.

So, they do talk to older kids (and I think they like to, since many of them are better at "talking" than a shy little kid), have the kids near the front, be enthusiastic and maybe wear something that stands out.

Of course, Crush also liked that DH and I were on the opposite side of the room from DD .. he called us "smart parents".

Kplaster
08-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Last year when we went my sister was 10 and she was the first one Crush talked to because she had this green hairbow flower in her hair so he picked on her about it growing out of her head. He then proceeded to ask who she was there with and she said my sister so he talked to me to. It was pretty cool. He seemed to interact with the children and the adults very well of all ages. Deff worth a visit!

darthmacho
08-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the answers. I hope my girls get to participate, but we'll enjoy the show either way, I'm sure. :mickey:

Mom on a Mission
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for this question. I've been wondering about this myself. I recently noticed that Crush appears during EMH at Epcot. I'm thinking that might be our best bet since my DD and DS are teenagers :( But they still love their favorite dude with a shell!

linedropper
08-08-2012, 01:11 AM
My Daughter wore pink disney ears in and the three times she wore them she always got talked to. You just need to wear something that sticks out:mickey:

joonyer
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
A "Goofy" hat works. My 8 year old loved his "goofy" Hat, he wore it every day at the parks, for several trips. It got Crush's attention, and lot's of other cast members and characters, too.

missastrocat
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't have kids so I've skipped out the previous times we went in to the pavilion. Anyone ever do it without kids? I've wanted to see what happens and stuff, but felt awkward not having a child with me to go in the little room with.

Kairi_7378
08-08-2012, 10:01 PM
My husband and I went on two trips before we had our son. We visited Crush both times. Since a lot of the kids sit on the floor in front of the seats, you don't really stick out when you don't have kids with you in this theater.

missastrocat
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
My husband and I went on two trips before we had our son. We visited Crush both times. Since a lot of the kids sit on the floor in front of the seats, you don't really stick out when you don't have kids with you in this theater.

Good to know! Maybe we'll catch one of the evening showings of Crush. Just knowing someone else did it makes it feel normal. haha! Thanks!

giroux28
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Having hosted turtle talk for few months I can tell you it depends much less on how old the child is, and much more on where he or she is sitting. He usually chooses from the front row, outsides and the aisle. Strategy! Hope this totally helps, cha!!

elmjimmlm
08-09-2012, 10:14 AM
He will usually call on kids that raise their hands with a question but this past trip he called on my DH because he wasn't saying "Dude" with everyone else...It was so funny! I wish I had it on video!:mickey:

bcrkris
08-09-2012, 07:37 PM
:puppy: This is the first time I am posting!

I always thought that Crush was run by a computer with a man with a microphone making Crush speak and choosing kids. In reality, Crush is completely run by computer, no humans involved! I saw this on a Disney special on the Travel channel.:secret:

The computer randomly picks someone, so, as stated in the previous posts, Crush picks someone who stands out, ( bright color clothing, hats, and in my daughter's case, 2 braids in her hair, with a camoflage shirt and skirt outfit ).

We will be going to Pop Century on Aug. 11th so hopefully, when we go to Epcot, she gets chosen again!:tink:

j2k
08-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Like previous posters said, have them where something that stands out. Crush sees and picks on those more. We were there just a few days ago and he picked on a boy in a blue striped/tye dyed shirt and my daughter he call "demudette princess" because her Minnie ears with crown.