PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches Gone?

ImagiAsh
08-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a friend visit MK recently and she sent me a quick text to say hi and mentioned that they were deciding on dessert for the night. I suggested grabbing one of those enormous ice cream cookie sandwiches they have at Main Street Bakery (two large tollhouse cookies with 3+scoops of ice cream stuffed between), as they have always been a particular favorite of mine. She replied that they did away with them. I was just there in April and had at least two of those sandwiches during my trip. Has anyone had or seen one since? They've always been on a my must-do list every Disney trip.

SBETigg
08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
They still have them, as far as I know. I follow a Disney food blog that features them all the time. Also, you can get gelato cookie sandwiches now in Epcot's Italy.

CuteAsMinnie
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
O they better still be there!!!:number1:

I remember back when they were featured in the window and you could watch the ladies make them. Last few visits, you had to ask for them behind the counter.

:mickey:

Crow
08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
3 yrs ago, took my nephews. had dinner at AP, but not dessert cause were gonna go to MK for late night EMH..and stopped at the bakery for cookie sandwhich ..my older nephew stood there w mouth open staring as they made it. younger nephew just laughed and still talk about it. then on another trip took my gf there..

MaterializedHaunt
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
This better be false! That sandwich is on my list of things to try when I go down! They already took away this oddly named beaver tail that was on there! :ill:

ImagiAsh
08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Well, here's to hoping that they are still there! Otherwise, they will be sorely missed since I have unsuccessfully been able to recreate it to-the-t at my house.

DisneyBunch5
08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
We enjoyed one during our visit at the beginning of July.

mickeyman42
08-14-2012, 06:32 AM
wow, these sound great, so you get them at the bakery? not the ice cream parlor? will have to add it to the list of treats for next week

CuteAsMinnie
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes, the Bakery, the Bakery!!!!!!!:number1:

They are plenty big to share!:blush:

CuteAsMinnie
08-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, here's to hoping that they are still there! Otherwise, they will be sorely missed since I have unsuccessfully been able to recreate it to-the-t at my house.

Try using ONLY brown sugar and do not over mix. Also, the little cups of of ice cream you can buy (the ones that come with a wooden spoon) work great as a filler if you cut them in half.
:mickey:

Thank you for the reminder, I know what I will make my kids (teenagers) as a last day of summer treat this weekend!