PDA

View Full Version : annual passes / premier passport

cer
08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, so going into 2013 we are certain we will benefit from the Annual Pass.

The question is, there is a possibility we will also be going to Disneyland for the Half Marathon - if we do, it would be good for us to get the Premier Passport. Is this something you have to get at the time of purchase of the Annual Pass - or can you upgrade the Annual Pass to the Premier Passport at any time?

Does anyone know this? :confused:

VWL Mom
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
When I renewed my AP last year I asked. I was told that if I did decide to go to DL I could upgrade my AP there.

Roland
08-11-2012, 09:38 AM
This post interests me very much because I always get the AP.

What is the Premier pass and what is the cost to upgrade?

I gather this is to allow a person to enjoy unlimited admission to both WDW and Disneyland?

The wife and I have been dying to go back to Disneyland. We lucked out the last time because they had the original Mouseketeers in a gazebo with a talk to the audience. I loved it! :number1:

Fangorn
08-11-2012, 10:10 AM
The Premier Passport allows unlimited access to all the US parks - WDW and DLR. It is essentially a WDW Premium AP and a Disneyland annual pass (no restrictions) combined.

Cost for the Premier Passport is currently $849. That's $150 more than a WDW premium pass. (Price does not include taxes)

Upgrade works the same as any other ticket upgrade - you pay the difference between what you paid and the price of the higher value ticket. If you upgrade from an AP, your expiration date will remain the same.

It can make sense to upgrade even if you make a single trip to Disneyland.

Steve

Roland
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the answer.

I'm not sure how spending $150 for one visit to Disneyland pays off.

Are you thinking that someone would spend three days at Disneyland?

I can certainly see myself spending two days, well, that's is my wife goes the two days also!:D

Fangorn
08-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Since a two-day park hopper ticket at Disneyland is around $180, my thinking is that one 2-day trip would make the Premier Passport worth getting.

Steve

Roland
08-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Thank you! I keep forgetting there are two parks in California.

And yes, oh how I wish I was able to do both parks twice in one year!

I go to WDW twice to three times a years.

Maybe I could not split it up. :cloud9:

Melanie
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Are you thinking that someone would spend three days at Disneyland?

Are you kidding? Easily! :D We'll be at the Disneyland Resort for 6 nights in January. My WDW AP expires this coming October, or I'd be upgrading to the Premiere.

Quadstriker
08-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Are you kidding? Easily! :D We'll be at the Disneyland Resort for 6 nights in January. My WDW AP expires this coming October, or I'd be upgrading to the Premiere.

You be telling us dates, K? Seeing you guys would be a nice excuse to make the drive over to DL.