PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive/free souvieners for kids?

disneymomma2010
08-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I have a small sunday school class of kids ages 3-9. I would like to make them a gift bag to give them when I return from my trip. Im trying to think creatively of inexpensive items I can give them as I do not want to spend alot of extra money on gifts. What I have thought of so far are...
-soaps and shampoos from room
-pressed pennies
-get a few bags of disney candy (individually wrapped) and divide them out
-mickey stickers from the dollar store

...that's all I got. Anyone else have any good ideas?

TinkerbellT421
08-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Go to guest services,try different ones because each will have different stickers. They have them by the roll full! tell them why you need them, they will give you tons. Go to the different countries and pick up some of the supplies at the kid stops! they have color in things where you can make a Duffy on a hand stick and all sorts of things like that. If you google Disney color ins, pictures will come up that you can print that kids can colorin with markers and crayons, etc. and now that there is back to school sales you should be able to pick up the basic boxes of crayons really cheap.

faline
08-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Typically, you can get a package of Disney pencils that are rather inexpensive so you divide these up as well.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Something I do each time we go, I ask a head of time for our friends' addresses. And I send their kids post cards. Of course you could always put a post card in their bags as well.

But I get the 8 X 10.5 sticky paper and I make four 4X5" labels. On one side of the label I put the address like you do for a post card. Then I type out in a fun font, a letter from Mickey Mouse and then use a different font for Mickey's signature. Then it looks like Mickey sent them a letter.

But having the post cards pre-made with stamps and all, makes it real quick and easy to just grab the post card pack and put on the labels and mail them out.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
If you go to the Disney Junior show, they have gold dabloons fall from the sky (large yellow and metallic gold circles) that would can collect when they fall, and you can say they are from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 03:57 PM
If you are doing the dining plan, they have several snacks you can get with your snack points. We stocked up on Disney candy boxes, lolly pops, Chip & Dale pretzels and Mickey crackers and cookies.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I have seen at the dollar stores, packages of Disney temporary tattoos. You can cut up the sheet so each child gets one.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Another idea would take some prep (like the post cards) But if you wanted to type out on a 8X10 piece of paper in large print, a greeting to each child, then maybe you could have a certain character hold the sign as if they are saying hi to that child. And take a picture of the character. That does require you possibly stand in line to get that photo op with the character, but if there are short lines, it up to you if it's worth your time.

SBETigg
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I wonder if they would give you buttons, if you don't need too many- the kind you can write names on, one for each kid? Wouldn't hurt to check where they give birthday buttons, first visit buttons, etc.

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I just took my sister and her daughters for the first time in May. I bought that fine glitter dust and put it in a small jar and gave it to the girls as pixie dust. They loved it. If you're crafty, you could make small pouches or even find small containers for not much to put a small amount of "pixie dust" in.

disneymomma2010
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Keep them coming!

Mom on a Mission
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Was just at a dollar store today. They had those little dehydrated washcloths, you know you put them in water and they open up. I don't know why, but I love these. They had a lot of Disney themed stuff. This was a Dollar Tree in CT. So go check it out -- see what they have in your area. Great idea by the way :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I once made little bags for my son's class. It was a small class of about 15 kids. I collected stickers during our vacation. Just about every CM has rolls of stickers that they give out to children. I ended up with two different sticker designs and enough to give each kid one of each design.

In one of the shops I asked a CM if there was a way to get extra bags. She gave me 15 of the small Disney park bags that I used to put the items in.

I purchased a few packs of pencils and a bag of individual wrapped candy. I also purchased a few packs of Mickey head suckers.

So each child got a pencil, a few pieces of candy, a mickey head sucker, and two Mickey stickers in a Disney bag.

Another inexpensive item is the Mickey head straws. I believe they are around 50 cents each. For the same price of a pressed penny this would be something they can actually use.