PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney w TIW poll

Crow
08-05-2012, 02:11 PM
ill b there in a few wks and will b using TIW discount. last trip ate at RR which i like, and Wolfgangs which wsnt so good.
so this time might try some i havent tried ever or in yrs.
please vote and give reviews..tried to add a poll but it went down as i was adding....so choose 2
choices are
Fultons
Paradiso 37
Bongos
Portobello

BhamWriter
08-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I don't have one to recommend, but I have one to avoid: Bongos. I've only tried it once, but I was disappointed even in the Mojito as well as the food.

BugeyedMuggy
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
We went to Fulton's in July and it was very good. Our waitress was excellent also. One to avoid not on your list is House of Blues. We thought it was terrible. They said they had a new chef the food channel and we were excited.

TinkerbellT421
08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I would suggest House of Blues but it is not listed so I assume that isn't an option for you. But I really love the food, drinks and service at House of Blues. Their menu is always outstanding. We make a point to eat and drink :marg: there atleast once a trip, especially when it is a nice day out. Had the baked macaroni and cheese with lobster dish which was phenomenal. DBF and our CM friend who had never eaten there before, both loved their dishes.

But out of your choices I have only eaten at Fulton's. Which is delicious, but very expensive. But the food is worth it, as for seafood it is flown in fresh daily. If you are going to eat there I would suggest lunch time if you can, the menu is just as good as dinner but cheaper but still expensive. I have eaten the calamari and stuffed shrimp. Delicious.

VWL Mom
08-06-2012, 11:17 AM
We tried Portobellos for the first time last summer and were pleased enough that it made DS17 & DS20's must do list for this month. Great food and service.

We haven't been back to Fulton's in a few years. Our food there had mixed reviews and the room was really loud. It hasn't been moved to the never again list and we'd give it another chance.

Crow
08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
HOB. eaten in the past, before the menu change, which is the same as Atlantic City HOB and eh idk..
wanted to try something new
Fultons was way ago, 2nd wife who ate a whole lobster, idk where she fit food as she was only 100 lbs.. i would try lunch prob if i ate there
Bongos cause i never ate and had a good meal in Philly at a cuban type place so was wondering how it was.
might just eat at RR again as it was decent.

ElenitaB
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
We've been to Paradiso 37, and it's definitely not on our must-go-back list for a meal. However, if you're thinking appetizers and drinks, it would be a great choice.

Crow
08-07-2012, 12:13 PM
yea ive heard varying things on Paradiso..id trade it away to have PI clubs back..

Kairi_7378
08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
I'd return to RR, and then visit Alma de Cuba the next time you're in Center City Philadelphia.

Crow
08-09-2012, 09:27 PM
i think it was called Cuba Libre....2nd st about a block from customs house..

Kairi_7378
08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I've been to Cuba Libre, too. I want to get to their brunch one of these days.

Crow
08-09-2012, 11:05 PM
i was there on a monday. all u can eat of there apps for $29, but the whole table has to order it. we were there like 2 hrs.
idk when ill b back there.