PDA

View Full Version : Online site for uploading, editing and ordering DVDs?

TheVBs
08-04-2012, 08:37 AM
I posted this question in another thread, but thought I'd try here too, in case it's missed by someone who can help. The "Do you film your WDW trips" thread got me thinking of all the video we have that we've done nothing with. Here's the sad truth: we have movie editing software, we have a DVD burner, but in all these years we have not used them to create a DVD of our trips. Is there a site where you can upload, do some quick and easy editing and order a DVD? I'm thinking that's my most likely shot for getting this done.

DizneyRox
08-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Truthfully, what you're describing would take longer than just doingityourself in something like Windows Movie Maker or comparable software.

There are many cheap (probably some free) that will do this. I once had some software that I'd give it a music clip, point it at a directory of photos and press GO and it would give me a music video. This was years ago, I'm sure video is now an option.

TheVBs
08-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Ok, you inspired me to have a shot at it last night. We have an older version of Pinnacle Studio that seems pretty straightforward to use. Hit a stumbling block quickly though. It doesn't recognize the HD movie format from our newest camera. Looks like we'll have to buy a converter to be able to do those. Freebie converters are out there, but not an option because they force you to load all kinds of other stuff on your PC. Not cool. :( Anyway, I can work with the older movies until DH comes up with a solution for the new ones. :)

DizneyRox
08-05-2012, 08:15 PM
I used to use a program called SUPER. It's basically a front end on top of a bunch of open source applications. I don't think there was anything it couldn't do in terms of audio and video conversion.

You're geting a little more involved than what you originally wanted to do, but there are softwares out there. Nothing came with the new camera? Usually they come with something for editing video. It should work with the new stuff and also the older stuff. The older stuff might be the easier to convert frankly...

Premier Elements is a nice little package. The Pinnacle Studio stuff is popular too. As much as I hate Sony, I do like their Vegas line of video editing software. I use/need more than your average Joe though.

Cinderelley
08-13-2012, 02:00 AM
i love Premier Elements, but it is pretty time intensive. I don't know any websites that do it for you.