PDA

View Full Version : Best steak for the money, best buffet

Crow
08-04-2012, 01:00 AM
good news, ill probably b there on the 21st, bad news is gf prob cant get off work...
anyway
my friend likes steaks, buffets, but doesnt like $. he thinks buffets are a better value
last time Biergarten wasnt too great. In the past Ive been to Yachtsman..eh ok but its been a while, Le Cellier has been a while but i think its overated.
which leaves. what for steaks...Rose & Crown, Ca Grill beef..mayb too pricey. love AP . Shulas too pricey and dressy...
..never been to Cape May. used to like Trails End lunch buffet. but its gone.

TinkerbellT421
08-04-2012, 07:09 AM
What about 'Ohana? steak fresh of the pit all you can eat family style buffet :D

KathyMO
08-04-2012, 07:42 AM
We love the steak at Kona's.

Katzateer
08-04-2012, 08:10 AM
We love the steak at Kona's.

Kona, California Grill and Brown Derby are great!

RedSoxFan
08-04-2012, 08:21 AM
We ate at Captain's Grille last year and we had the best steak. So good that we will eat there again in November. DD15 loved it more than LeCellier. Ragland Road, Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe have great steakes too. But IMO, Captain's Grille was the best!!

MaterializedHaunt
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I agree with the O'hana statement. If your friend is a meat-eater and likes buffets, that's the place to go. Best thing is, you dont even have to get up, they pretty much bring the buffet to your table!
Also the Trails End for dinner sounds pretty good, I will be going in September to try it since they closed the lunch buffet.
As for Cape May... all I can say is... CRAB LEGS!!! :thumbsup: What not to love!

Itchy
08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Here are my favorites in no particular order as they were all good.

1. Kona

2. Wave

3. Corral Reef

4. Raglan Rd

I really did not see a buffet that was over the top as they reminded me of most that are outside of Disney. I guess it would be whether you want Characters or not, sorry.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Mfarquar
08-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm going to throw a random one out here - Teppan Edo.

I think the meat quality is very good and I have found their filet to be beyond tender. You get a lot of food here if I remember correctly - miso soup (not sure if they still do this), vegetables, white rice, and fried udon noodles. Plus, you're sitting right there, so you know your steak will be done per your request!

Crow
08-04-2012, 01:46 PM
i forgot GG..i liked the food here so mayb go back..all u can eat and fresh.
Teppan Edo is possible
never tried Capn Grille, might have to check it out
have eaten at Kona, been a few trips. idt i had steak.
Ohanas..ive heard a few conflicting things...its busy i know. but might try it

SBETigg
08-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Your friend should keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If you want good steak, prepare to pay. Or accept what you get at buffets, which might be great depending on buffet. I dislike buffets but I do like Boma. Not sure of the steak options.

Crow
08-04-2012, 11:01 PM
well he might have realixed it a little after Biergarten last trip. ive also found even though my stomach may look bigger now, i cant eat as much.
have gone to Boma in the past, last time idt it was quite as good..
i think its gonna b Garden Grill and mayb Trails End. Poss Cape May or Ohana. have to narrow it to one or 2
for steaks, still not sure.

LudwigVonDrake
08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
The filet mignon at Le Cellier was awesome :tasty:

madhatterrules
08-05-2012, 11:35 AM
We were just down in JUly and my DD & DH had steak often. We all agreed that the filet mignon at Le Cellier was the BEST. Then The Wave and Kona Cafe. Very good at both places.

We are picky about our steak too.

O'Hana has good steak pieces and other meats if you are looking for a large quanity of food for your $.

SBETigg
08-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Le Cellier is going to 2 TS/higher prices for lunch too in a short while. The OP's friend doesn't like expensive.

Maybe ordering from children's menus at some locations? Some children's menus offer not a bad little steak for the money. But if he's also a big eater, the 'Ohana idea is still a good bet. I find Grand Floridian Cafe is a good meal experience and lower prices than some, though it's still $30 for the steak option. Maybe Wilderness Canyon Cafe? Or Trail's End? Or Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

Crow
08-05-2012, 01:31 PM
yea go figure, he likes steak but likes the lower costs..and at buffets he can eat a bit. im mean not as much as some people, but usually when we travel dont eat til afternoon..
how my gf doesnt eat much when we go out, so a buffet would sorta b a waste. although she liked GG one time. i bet her one time that she couldnt finish her salad and wings. she lost so had to wear my Steelers jersey back to her room..
ok im gonna have to look into the places. Le Cellier i liked the pret bread, but its hard to get in and its been a while. Might look into it. The wave i was in once a few trips ago, i think it ws for :beer:
WCC i didnt really like.
as i said Kona has been a while..but it would have to b Kona or Ohana not both.
never tried Turf club or Grand Floridian..

MinnieMommie
08-05-2012, 02:10 PM
The Turf Club (TS at SSR) is one of the few places where you can still get prime ribs (as opposed to rib eye steak). The steak eaters in my family make a point of getting out to eat there each trip. The food is very good and reasonably priced and the staff is very nice. I can highly recommend The Turf Club (and btw they also serve new york strip steak). :thumbsup:

phillydan
08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I had steak at both the Grand Floridian Cafe and The Wave last week. Both were excellent.

Best buffet to date has consistently been 1900 Park Faire. We have done breakfast and dinner several times over the years and the food quality and choices were outstanding. Even though it is a character meal and the kids are older now, we still go back.