PDA

View Full Version : Poly views?

tinxmom
08-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Has anyone stayed in what is called a Theme Park View Room? Can you really see MK or is the Poly too low?

faline
08-02-2012, 07:34 PM
We once stayed in a Magic Kingdom view room which was located very close to the ferry dock. As I recall, we were able to see the Magic Kingdom just fine from our balcony - we were at leaswt on the second floor but may have been on the third.

Polynesian Dweller
08-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Yes, you get an unobstructed view of the castle from any theme park view room. Glorious views of the fireworks from your balcony or patio.

DisneyBarb
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I was on the first floor with this view and it was wonderful, the only thing to keep in mind the ferry horn is loud! :)

Keneva
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Our theme park view was completely unobstructed from the first floor patio view. Perfect frontal view of the fireworks and all lagoon activities.:thumbsup:

MaterializedHaunt
08-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I was on the first floor with this view and it was wonderful, the only thing to keep in mind the ferry horn is loud! :)

Oh I love ALL of the sounds this resort has to offer! You could be walking around a city one day and hear that same sound and memories just overwhelm you of your Disney Poly trip. :)

Also, you get a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant @ 9pm sharp! Always a great show. I love running down to Captain Cooks and grabbing something small and then going to one of those cabana things on the beach and watching that EWP.:cool:

jimsgal05
08-04-2012, 08:02 AM
I was there last yr in the TUVULA building awesome...you can see the MK and GF and the Contemp...plus the beach at the Poly...I would recomend that buliding plus we had a full patio on the second/3rd fl..with 2 chairs and a small table... some buldings you don't have the full patio... I wish I was going and styaing there again...

CleveRocks
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
At the Polynesian, Disney defines theme park view as an unobstructed view of Cindarella Castle. Beyond that, what you see differs from building to building. There are three longhouses with a theme park view.

In my opinion, the least desirable one is Aotearoa. It's set back fairly far from the lagoon, and thanks to the Grand Floridian on the left and the Fiji longhouse on the right you get a kind of television view of the Castle.

I never checked out the view from Tuvalu. But my view from the Tahiti longhouse was wonderful. The MK landmarks I remember seeing, from left to right, include: the tippy-top of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; the Castle; the Main Street railway station; the top of Astro Orbiter; and a full-on view of Space Mountain.

Watching "Wishes" from our 3rd floor balcony was great.

A word of caution: the 2nd floor rooms in Aotearoa and Tuvalu don't have a balcony ... there are sliding glass doors that open but there is a railing flush against the opening.

faline
08-07-2012, 06:55 PM
A word of caution: the 2nd floor rooms in Aotearoa and Tuvalu don't have a balcony ... there are sliding glass doors that open but there is a railing flush against the opening.

Now that you stay that, I remember that one of our requests when staying at the Poly would always be a room with a balcony.