PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Selected Restaurants

BhamWriter
08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I plan (hope) to take a trip to WDW in August. I've made reservations at the following restaurants. Any tips, advice, or opinions are welcome:

Grand Floridian Cafe (Breakfast)
Yak & Yeti (Lunch)
Brown Derby (Lunch)
Artist Point (Dinner)
Teppan Edo (Dinner)
Citricos (Dinner)
Victoria and Albert's (Dinner)
Le Cellier (Dinner)

I'm not on a Dining Plan, but have Tables in Wonderland.

SBETigg
08-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Good choices! I think you will be happy with your selections. I haven't had a bad meal or experience in any of them. I don't have any special tips but to enjoy your meals.

Crow
08-02-2012, 02:06 PM
the only one ive eaten at recently is AP and its one of my favs.
have the mushroom soup. its great. and if you like salmon or buffalo those are good
a few trips since i ate at Yak..i liked it.
havent eaten at Teppan Edo in yrs, but only because i eat at Tokyo Dining every trip and the service is great, so TE should b also
Id like to try Brown Derby again..
looks good

BhamWriter
08-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Id like to try Brown Derby again.

I would definitely recommend it. Brown Derby has become my favorite park restaurant, from the decor to the drinks to the food. The last two times I've been, especially, the food has been exceptional.

TheDuckRocks
08-03-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm sure you know that according to the TIW brochure Yak & Yeti is not taken there.

mdricks
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sure you know that according to the TIW brochure Yak & Yeti is not taken there.

I could have sworn I got it last November. But then we were sitting at the bar so my memory might be fuzzy..

That being said, lunch at the bar is quick, comfortable and pleasant. If you don’t want to kill an hour at a table I think this is one of the nicer establishments to eat "bar side".

:number1:

Dopey's Girl
08-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I plan (hope) to take a trip to WDW in August. I've made reservations at the following restaurants. Any tips, advice, or opinions are welcome:

Grand Floridian Cafe (Breakfast) Yum. We love the Cafe!
Yak & Yeti (Lunch) Haven't tried this one yet.
Brown Derby (Lunch) Meh. I thought the food was wildly overpriced for what you actually got. And our service was horrible.
Artist Point (Dinner) I think AP may be my favorite place to eat on property. Had many an amazing meal here.
Teppan Edo (Dinner) It's fun, the show can be better than the food, but we still enjoy it.
Citricos (Dinner) Haven't been.
Victoria and Albert's (Dinner) Haven't been.
Le Cellier (Dinner) Yum. Cheddar Cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks.
I'm not on a Dining Plan, but have Tables in Wonderland.
Fun plans!

faline
08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Nice choices!

We went to Victoria & Albert's on our last trip and had been once before.

Tips: Females wearing dresses that bare shoulders should bring a wrap with them - on our last trip, the servers had to bring a shawl for someone who found the restaurant too chilly.

Be sure to bring your appetite to this restaurant. While the portions appear to be small, you will not walk out hungry!

Go slow and enjoy the atmosphere.

If you drink alcohol, go for the wine pairings - ups the cost but it's worth it.

Tables in Wonderland is not accepted at this establishment.

GusNJacque
08-03-2012, 11:52 AM
I highly recommend the Derby too. Hands down one of my favorite dining experiences in all the World. :mickey:

darthmacho
08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Of your choices, these are the ones I've tried, plus my thoughts:

Yak & Yeti (Lunch): I loved it so much in 2010, that I've decided to make lunching there an AK tradition, and have booked it again for our upcoming trip. I recommend the Mango Pie if you like that sort of dessert.

Artist Point (Dinner): My favorite restaurant in WDW and the world. Strangely enough, we haven't eaten here since 1999, but we've booked it for our upcoming trip as well.

Le Cellier (Dinner): We were lucky enough to eat here before it cost two points on the DDP, but since you're not on that plan, it shouldn't matter to you anyway. I really enjoyed this restaurant, but not enough to rebook it this year. That's not to say I wouldn't, but we have a lot of World Showcase restaurants we still haven't tried yet. I loved the Chocolate Moose dessert!

I hope this helps you in some way.

BhamWriter
08-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Yak & Yeti (Lunch): I loved it so much in 2010, that I've decided to make lunching there an AK tradition, and have booked it again for our upcoming trip. I recommend the Mango Pie if you like that sort of dessert.

Artist Point (Dinner): My favorite restaurant in WDW and the world. Strangely enough, we haven't eaten here since 1999, but we've booked it for our upcoming trip as well.
Agree completely on Y&Y. We tried it for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. I added it to the list only yesterday, but am glad I did. Thanks for the tip on the mango pie. Sounds delicious. Also, I rarely see the hype for AP like I do for some others, but it was our hands-down favorite dining experience last year. Other than V&C, it's the meal we're most highly anticipating.

Nice choices!

We went to Victoria & Albert's on our last trip and had been once before.

Tips: Females wearing dresses that bare shoulders should bring a wrap with them - on our last trip, the servers had to bring a shawl for someone who found the restaurant too chilly.

Be sure to bring your appetite to this restaurant. While the portions appear to be small, you will not walk out hungry!

Go slow and enjoy the atmosphere.

If you drink alcohol, go for the wine pairings - ups the cost but it's worth it.

Tables in Wonderland is not accepted at this establishment. Thanks for the tip on the clothing. My wife gets cold easily. My one concern is that V&C is so hyped, it might not be able to live up to it. I plan on taking my time and enjoying the experience, though.

I'll get good use out of TIW even if not accepted everywhere I want to eat. Thanks, though.

I highly recommend the Derby too. Hands down one of my favorite dining experiences in all the World. :mickey:

Absolutely agree. I prefer it to any restaurant in Epcot, which is saying a lot.