PDA

View Full Version : Which longhouse?

puck292
08-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Taking my two kids (14,12) to Polynesian for our first stay at this resort. I was curious which longhouse to request upon our arrival (in 21 days). I have heard some longhouses are far from ttc which is a concern bc we plan to do two days in Epcot. also, is arrival the time to request? Thanks in inadvance for input.

SBETigg
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Nothing is really all that far in the Polynesian. If you want one close to the TTC, then you are further from the Great Ceremonial House and the pools. We prefer a central location. I don't find any of the longhouses to be bad choices, but for your purposes you probably don't want Aotearoa, Fiji, or Tuvalu. Tahiti or Rapa Nui are closest to the TTC. Tokelau seems to be a big favorite, and is right in the middle between the TTC and GCH. Samoa is also a popular choice.

gaffz70
08-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I agree that Tokelau is a favorite, pretty centrally located. I prefer to be closer to the grand ceremonial house, as I felt we used that more often.

We requested Tokelau, on arrival th CM told me he had bad news and didn't have any more rooms there. But the good news was that instead, they upgraded us to,concierge in the Hawaii bldg.it was great!

Bottom line, none of the buildings are bad, you'll have a great time in any bldg.

mydisneygirls
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I also would say the Tokelau. We have stayed here many time and the location is perfect. I always asked for a room closest to the lagoon. If you're lucky you can see a part of the lagoon and the Contemporary! Also, the rooms are a bit larger than in some of the other buildings.

BugeyedMuggy
08-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Tokelau is most peoples favorite but we stayed at Rapinui (may be spelled wrong) and it is near the bus stop and a quick walk to the Epcot, monorail and quiet pool. Also have very large rooms. If you want to be right near the CH or main pool not the best choice.

MaterializedHaunt
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Also depends on your room view. Garden of Lagoon? I have had lagoon view and was told I would be in the Tokelau building. I get there and my so called 'lagoon view' was me sticking my head out over the railing and seeing it. This didnt fly with me and I was very quickly moved to a proper lagoon view where I could see Cinderella's Castle from bed. :cloud9: However if you have a garden view I do enjoy Tokelau, Samoa (awesome one), and Niue is very nice as well. I would stay away from Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu Tonga personally. I like being close to the main beaches. No matter where you stay the TTC isn't that bad of a walk. And once you start walking around the Poly, you will realize that you could walk in circles all day and just absolutly fall in love with the surroundings, the smells, just the overall overwhelming feeling and atmosphere of the resort. (Can you tell this is my favorite resort yet? :D) Where ever you get a room in you will be extremely happy! Enjoy your trip! Say hello to all the tiki's for me! Its been a long while since my last stay there. DVC OKW members for a long while now.

A Big Kid
08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Our choice is Tahiti.
*it's closest to the TTC which gives you monorail transportation to MK and EPCOT (is counter intuitive, but catching w monorail from the TTC the MK is close that walking to the GHC.)
* it has some of the largest room at the Poly
*it is far away from the noise of the luau cove
* all room have a balcony or a patio
*you can get MK view rooms