PDA

View Full Version : Christmas or Halloween?

CzepielCrew
08-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I visited DisneyWorld in November 2007 when all the parks were decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful, but wondering whether we should try Halloween in 2013.
Which do you prefer at Disney?
Christmas or Halloween?:santa::mpumpkin:

Kati
08-02-2012, 09:24 AM
You can't go wrong with either choice! :mickey:

As for myself, I prefer Christmas - going to see the Osbourne Lights, watching the parades, and combining the Christmas spirit with the magic of Disney... it's incomparable.

I recently went for a family reunion over Thanksgiving and highly recommend that time period to visit the parks. It didn't feel quite as crowded as it normally does during the holiday season, you get to be in the park at the beginning of December (right when the holiday spirit is flowing!), and you still get to experience all of the holiday decoration at Disney. If you do plan on going over Thanksgiving, I highly, highly recommend dining at the Wilderness Lodge!

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

disneymom15
08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
My preference is X-mas. Absolutely love the castle all lit up, it's so beautiful. Osbourne lights at DHS is also a favorite of mine. This will be my first year since 2003 that i won't be there during the holidays.
Halloween is a nice time to go also, (we'll be there this year) just prefer X-mas.

BugeyedMuggy
08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
We prefer Halloween because of the Food & Wine Fest. It is just a little bit better than Christmas. Our child is grown so I am looking at it from an adult perspective. We love the story tellers in Epcot and the resort decorations for Christmas, but the F&WF is a must for us.

disneydeb
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
We love both! You can't go wrong with either.

Strmchsr
08-02-2012, 09:53 AM
In terms of decorations, there's more at Christmas. All the parks, including the resorts, are decorated for Christmas (though they have scaled back quite a bit on decorations). At Halloween it's pretty much just MK. However, in October you have the Food & Wine Festival, which is top notch and probably better than any of the individual offerings found during the Christmas season. Also, MNSSHP is a LOT better than MVMCP. So, pros and cons to each. If you've never experienced October, it's a good time to go and I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you've already seen the Christmas stuff.

CzepielCrew
08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks everybody!

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

DNS
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Christmas for sure!

Scrappy2
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
If you have never done Halloween then I would give it a try. Everyone has their own things they like better. Best to try for yourself and see which you prefer. I enjoy trying Disney at differnt times of the year to expierence it all. They both are fun and offer different things. If you have little ones Halloween and the MNSSHP is a ton of fun. We all dressed up and my 3 year old grandson had a blast. We loved trick or treating, the decorations and all the folks dressed up. Christmas is also very festive.

Wolf
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
We've done both and always go back to Halloween!! Its such nice weather, so fun and spooky fun at the halloween party (Not scary at all just great atmosphere) plus Food and Wine Festival, just fantastic all around! :mpumpkin::bat::hmghost:

Katzateer
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
We have gone both times of year, but I don't think there is any better time to go to WDW than around the December holidays!:cloud9:

minnie04
08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
They are both great! But we love Christmas. There is just something about Disney World during Xmas time. It makes you feel so joyful. Halloween is really fun for the kids. I loved watching the people all dressed up. :mickey:

lawgirl
08-03-2012, 08:34 AM
While we love MNSSHP and all the fall decorations, we had the absolute best time at the Christmas party, and the castle at Christmas is just breathtaking.

MVMCP is so magical...my husband and I went 2 years ago, and could not believe how small the crowd was. We never had to wait for any ride, we actually walked down Main street almost by ourselves, for the fireworks we stood front and center and there was hardly anyone around us. It was the best time I have ever had at MK!

But we love the halloween party too.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

lawgirl
08-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Also forgot to mention another fun thing at Christmas is going around to all of the resorts and seeing the Christmas decorations. The Christmas tree at our favorite resort, the AKL is just spectacular. And I think they have nightly programs in the lobby, like a choir singing christmas song, etc...

We went in early December. I've also been for Christmas, and stayed Christmas Eve. I'll have to say it was a little too hectic right at Christmas. I would try and go late November or early December to avoid the holiday craziness.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I've been at both times of years and I think I had more fun during the Halloween party. It was more interactive than the Christmas party. They were both great though and seeing all the decorations is a must do. As someone else pointed out though, during Christmas everything is decorated whereas Halloween is mostly contained to the MK. You'll be happy going at either time of year.

linedropper
08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
we prefer Halloween over Christmas, Diney has its magic and you dont need christmas decorations to feel the magic! Love Halloween!;:mickey:

MaterializedHaunt
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Ive done both and Xmas is very beautiful and alot of fun for everyone. However Halloween is just really cool! I would honestly say I like Halloween more and the MNSSHP is just awesome! I know some people dont think its worth the money to do it. But I am certainly not in Disney to save money. I spend money and I am happy with what I am doing. hehe :D

wdw dude
08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I like both very much, but if I had to pick just one, it would be Halloween. It's mostly for the Food & Wine Festival, but I think I like the weather better in October. I like it a little warmer and we've always had good luck with no rain around Halloween. Also, I like the Halloween party more than MVMCP. We went to the Christmas party last December and it poured most of the evening. Fireworks were terrible.

:mickey:

brivers222
08-21-2012, 02:21 PM
in the last 2 years we have done 3 MNSSHP and 3 MVMCP and i must say that in the end, Halloween was by far the most fun!

granted i really want a trip that is planned to incorporate the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP at one time! if we went this year it would have in fact been possible given our time slots lol

Dyanna
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
our family votes hands down MNSSHP over Christmas.

ANG
08-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I prefer Halloween at Disney