PDA

View Full Version : anyone keep checking after booking

Crow
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
do u keep calling to see if another resort opens up w the discount u got..

disneykid99
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes - I do keep checking after booking for resort and dining changes. It has worked well for us in the past. This year when Free Dining was announced in the early spring (I think) the only resort available was ASSports. So I took it. I called back a week or two later and Pop was available so we switched. I tried back again in a couple of days and was able to get AoA with Free Dining. I am very glad I kept trying. I do not know if they open more space or people cancel - either way it is worth trying. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I do if I'm not happy with the resort I had to take!

I drove Debbie at Magical Journeys crazy this time, trying to switch around rooms. But, as always, she got me sorted and now I'm set. :)

Dopey's Girl
08-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Nope. Once I have my reservation settled, I'm done. Wendy at MJ takes way too good care of me to mess around like that. It usually takes me a while to decide where to stay, so once I choose, I'm done!

faline
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Not typically. Before we started staying at the vacation clubs, we typically let Magical Journeys handle our reservations though we rarely, if ever, changed resorts once we made our initial reservation.

AgentC
08-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Not usually. I use Magical Journeys too and once I decide I'm done. I have has several instances where a better discount opened on on the room I already booked. It is always nice to get an early morning email from Wendy saying my rate has gone down. :thumbsup:

eandrsmom
08-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes! A few years ago, I changed resorts four times. I think I drove my DH crazy. Finally, he told me that he didn't want to know what I'd FINALLY decided until we were actually packed and on our way there.

Crow
08-03-2012, 11:05 AM
ive done it some..now that i have stayed at most of the places ive wanted to, i guess its not as bad. and ive split stays between 2 or 3 places so that helps.

phillydan
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
That's why you should book through Magical Journeys. If there is a later discount, they will find it!

Crow
08-03-2012, 05:00 PM
true, many of my trips i used MJ