PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs POR

homeschool mom
08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed many times... :confused: I just found out WDW is offering free dining for our stay Dec. 16 - 22 so we are changing from a value to a moderate. We have stayed at CBR and loved it. We have never stayed at POR, but in looking at it, we think we may enjoy it. POFQ doesn't appeal to us at all just because of the creepy masks. Anyway...I would just like some pros and cons for CBR vs POR.
Thanks.

darthmacho
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Personally I love POR, but everyone is different. If you want to play it safe, go with what you know, but if you're up for something different, go for POR. Both have great theming, a sit down restaurant, and a nice pool. I think it will be difficult to make the wrong choice, so it's a win-win situation. :mickey:

Skippy
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
POR is my favorite resort. The pool is awesome, the theming rocks and the food court is great. At CBR we seemed far from the pool and food court and my cousins needed a hand getting their luggage up to the front for DME since luggage is not permitted on the buses and the front desk is far away.

POR has everything within easy walking distance over ole mans island (which is also where they do the marshmallow roast) and if you stay in the alligator bayou, there's a Murphy bed to help spread out the little ones.

Crow
08-01-2012, 09:42 PM
well CBR and POR are my 2 least fav mods id say
CSR and POFQ are favs
but..ive stayed at CBR more recently then POR.
they are both bigger, idk..
id probably lean towards POR just cause u can walk to POFQ and get a boat to DD.

Quadstriker
08-02-2012, 02:34 AM
POR is quite nice. You'll like it.

We were deciding between POR and CB too for our trip, and we're going with CB since we haven't tried it yet.

Nothing wrong with POR though in my book. Quite relaxing.

AgentC
08-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I stayed at POR in March and CBR in July. I like both but I do prefer POR.

POR had queen size beds in it's renovated rooms which are a big plus for me. :thumbsup: I am not sure if the refurbishment is finished but it should be by your trip. We stayed in the pirate room at CBR and the Royal at POR , so I can not compare the regular rooms. Both rooms we stayed in were very nice.

I think the food court is superior at POR. More variety and food seems to be fresher. For me, atmosphere wise the mill house with the water wheel is just a cooler place to eat. We like sitting right by the wheel and watching it.

Pools-
If you have younger kids, the kid's area at CBR is great, but overall I prefer the pool at POR. The area has a lot more shade and has a really nice seating area by the bar as well.

POR's store feels larger. POR also has the boat to DTD, a good piano show in the bar, and access to the horse and carriage rides and the fishing hole is can be fun too. Both resorts are big and spread out. POR has more shade on its paths.

Overall, both resorts are wonderful and I am sure you will be happy to either. :)

mom2morgan
08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
CSR and POFQ are favs
id probably lean towards POR just cause u can walk to POFQ and get a boat to DD.

You don't have to walk to POFQ to catch the boat - you can get it right at POR!

mom2morgan
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
CSR and POFQ are favs

Crow
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM

im sorry..i meant that but should have written it differently.
my only prob last trip was i had gotten a waterview room booked and they didnt have it since they were full. the CM at the desk was nice but had to consult the mgr a few times, who didnt even come over.. they offered a POR waterview or a FQ standard. i said wat about a deluxe :D no thats not an option she said after talking to mgr. i wasnt really thinking it was but hey why not try. i chose standard FQ. it was ok, bottom level by the pool. only 1 night.
the beignets in the food court are good.
still like it better than POR cause of the theme

texas211
08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
POR is very relaxing, and I think one of the best values. Great blend of features. Our favorite.

johnO
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
POR!!! We stayed at POR for a week in January 2012. We absolutely loved it. The theming, and decor of the Mansions was fantastic. Great pool area, food court was excellent as well as many other options, such as boat rentals, Carriage Rides and Yee Haw Bob at bar on weekends. The I highly recommend Riverside.

A side note, I was very underwhelmed by POFQ. It was dirty.