PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever wear any crocs sandles in the parks?

disneymomma2010
07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
I am not a tennis shoe wearer! I always wear my tevas every year and they are great in the parks. I just bought the crocs adrena strappy sandles and they are pretty comfortable. But Im wondering if my feet would do well with them all day in the parks. I thought about trying them and packing my tevas in my park bag incase my feet start to hurt. Does anyone else wear them?

Pirate Granny
08-01-2012, 07:30 AM
My trick for great feet. Alternate sandles every other day, between toe sandles and regular sandles...never wear shoes with toes as my feet need room to swell in the heat. I wear those lovely Japenese sandle socks in the winter at Disney so I can still wear the between the toes sandles. Never a blister...tired feet, yep, but happy feet!

minnie04
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I used to wear flat sandals (flip flop style) until I bought Crocs just for the heck of it on one trip. I can’t wear the closed ones they bother my toes. I have the Athens style and love them. I just bought a new pair with Mickey on the front (canvas) and can’t wait to wear them in October. The best thing about wearing crocs is that they can get wet if it rains and they dry super quick so your feet are always comfortable... :mickey:

Madame Leona
08-01-2012, 10:04 AM
My kids always wear crocs. We've tried everything else but they are just the perfect park shoe....They aren't too heavy and they dry quickly if it rains. I always wear my skechers tone ups sandals. I really don't think they tone but they are the most comfortable flip flop I've ever had on my feet.

Wolf
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a pair of Croc flops I adore, I've had em years and they have properly conformed to my feet and are still squashy..

THAT BEING SAID: I don't suggest sandals to anyone in WDW, a few trips ago we were going from the TTC to the ferry, this dreadful woman pushed past a older man and tripped him, he went all the way down and was in sandals, the way he hit hit toenail ended up broken halfway up and sticking straight up and had already started bleeding by the time me and Mom helped him up, that awful woman just glared at him then pushed by like it was his fault she hit him (I'm still grouchy about this years later, it really upset me at the time) so due to this I have never worn any kind of sandals that don't cover my toes to the parks, only my Vibrams or tennis shoes for me, Mom wears her closed toe Teva's and tennis shoes.

Just be safe if yall do..they terrify me now..

kakn7294
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I used to wear my Crocs flip-flops all day, everyday in the parks until I discovered my Fit-Flops (which sadly, aren't easy to get these days and no more Mickey ones :(). My daughter wore a pair of Crocs fit flops purchased at IoA (because the bottoms of her favorite pair were deadly on wet surfaces) but did start to develop blisters under the hard plastic straps. The suggestion to alternate is a great one but be sure that they are different styles so that the straps don't hit in the same spots with every pair.

disneymomma2010
08-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I have a pair of Croc flops I adore, I've had em years and they have properly conformed to my feet and are still squashy..

THAT BEING SAID: I don't suggest sandals to anyone in WDW, a few trips ago we were going from the TTC to the ferry, this dreadful woman pushed past a older man and tripped him, he went all the way down and was in sandals, the way he hit hit toenail ended up broken halfway up and sticking straight up and had already started bleeding by the time me and Mom helped him up, that awful woman just glared at him then pushed by like it was his fault she hit him (I'm still grouchy about this years later, it really upset me at the time) so due to this I have never worn any kind of sandals that don't cover my toes to the parks, only my Vibrams or tennis shoes for me, Mom wears her closed toe Teva's and tennis shoes.

Just be safe if yall do..they terrify me now..

oh my goodness...:eek:

dizneydeb22
08-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I have a pair of mickey croc flops that I bought on the last trip. They did give me blisters at first, but now they are well broken in and I have no problems. I suggest that whatever you wear, they are well broken in! Never wear new shoes in Disney! I also have the canvas Mickey crocs. I have been breaking them in for months.I'll let you know how they do. We leave in 9 days!! :mickey:

Wolf
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
oh my goodness...:eek:

I know its kinda gory and gross story but it really made a impact on us, I brought it up to Moma Wolf yesterday and she remembered it right off, and agreed it was terrible. I don't think it had anything to do with the quality of shoes at all but at a place that crowded, toe coverage seems wise, to me at least. Either way I hope you have an amazing trip free of any sort of foot pain :mickey:

CosmicRay
08-05-2012, 11:28 PM
One of the first things we do when we get to WDW is buy a new pair of Crocs. They seem better to us than tennis shoes.

DVC2004
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
One of my boys loves the crocs for the park. He has the closed toe ones, no blisters ever that I noticed or he complained about. I've seen lots of people wear them in the parks.

I myself wear flip flops, very cushiony ones , because they are the only thing that doesn't give me blisters or make my feet too hot. However people tend to step on your feet alot there. Usually it's my own kids but I have had other adults step on the back or on my toes while walking or in line and it's not fun. I wish I could find a better shoe for me but so far it's only been the flips that work so I just deal with it.