PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Dinner for a Vegetarian

wendybird
07-31-2012, 01:14 PM
We LOVE Ohana and go evey trip. We want to bring my brother but he is a vegetarian?? Do they have a special menu for him?? Seems a waste to pay for the set dinner that is mostly meat if you can't eat meat.

SBETigg
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
They make special dishes for vegetarians. I've seen 'Ohana rated consistently as one of the best vegetarian options, surprisingly. They're very accommodating and have been known to bring out some incredible dishes for vegetarians. I wouldn't shy away. Just state it on your reservation and repeat it to your server when you're seated.

Strmchsr
07-31-2012, 01:56 PM
They don't have a special menu, but if you note that he's a vegetarian on your dining reservations the chefs will work with you to make sure he gets something good to eat.

ElenitaB
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
To begin with, the noodles, the salad and the vegetables are all vegetarian (though the salad dressing is not vegan). They will definitely make a special entree, which is usually a tempura/vegetable/tofu stir fry. Your DB will definitely not go away hungry.

disneynarula
08-01-2012, 07:40 AM
They will make something but he will still have to pay full price. It is not a good value for a vegetarian but he won't go hungry either.

Pop Centurion
08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
To begin with, the noodles, the salad and the vegetables are all vegetarian
With the exception of the crumbled bacon on the green beans. I always make sure I tell them not to put it on there since we don't eat pork.

ElenitaB
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Joe, I guess they've changed the vegetables since the last time we ate there. Our last visit there weren't green beans... I remember lots and lots of well prepared broccoli. I definitely would have remembered the swine as it makes me ill. Thanks for the update!

beksy
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I'd go for the dessert alone which is vegetarian! It may not be the best bang for the buck but if it is what the rest of the family enjoys and a tradition, I'd go for it. :mickey:

Tri Minnie
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I was pleased with the meal at Ohana. The chef made me a delicious tofu dish. However, I would not ask for a special dish if I were to go back, and I would go back. I enjoyed all of the non-meat dishes. Also, I don't know if your brother eats fish or not, but I loved the shrimp. Initially, I was hesitant to eat here, but I am glad I tried it.