PDA

View Full Version : Contest For Verizon Customers.

Exo
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Per @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter you can win a vacation to Disneyland.

http://disney.go.com/partners/makememories/

MaterializedHaunt
07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
No one else enter to win! I never been to Disneyland! I MUST WIN THIS! :D ha ha! I wonder how many people actually enter these things. I would love to know my odds. I'm sure they are astronomical.

Exo
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
well @WaltDisneyWorld has 354,196 followers not sure how many are Verizon customers though. But, if all were 1 in 354,196 isn't bad odds for a contest like this!

SBETigg
07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I decided not to enter after reading the terms very carefully. Good luck to all.

Exo
07-31-2012, 03:09 PM
uh oh What did I miss? I didn't see anything bad like selling info or anything like that.???

SBETigg
07-31-2012, 03:34 PM
No, probably nothing bad. I'm wary when they add clauses about taking ownership of your creative property. I'm sure it's all just standard disclaimers and stuff, but because I work in a creative field, I'm extra cautious (overly so) about such things. I didn't even read it carefully, just decided it wasn't worth pursuing for me. I wouldn't worry.

MaterializedHaunt
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
I just read all that info. It just seems like its all the normal stuff you should find in the Terms. They cover themselves and make sure the this is a legit vacation for up to 4 people and that whoever wins isnt benifiting in ways other then a nice trip. I will be continuing to enter into this daily and hope that I will be in DL someday! Only thing that I saw that I didn't care for was that I would have to have a new Verizon plan? or maybe I misread that and my current Verizon plan would be reset for another 2 years, which is fine with me, especially since they are giving a $500 GC with it for Verizon.

TinkerbellT421
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree SBETT! i usually never enter these things just because I fear the amount of taxes I would owe at the end of the year. I knew someone that won a four day vacation, all expenses paid to California at some run down cheap hotel and they had to pay almost 4 grand in taxes. I forget what they valued the worth of the vacation to the IRS but it was astronomical! she regretted winning that "vacation" when she got the tax letter in the mail at the end of the year. They value those vacations at premium prices because they are holding you responsible for the tax worth. What you could have paid out of pocket with tax included would probably be half of what will be owed in taxes at the end of the year for the "winnings" lol :thedolls: