PDA

View Full Version : Losing 20 points or staying an extra day?

suebeelin
07-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone,
I have a reservation at Beach Club from Nov 12-18, but am considering only going till the 17th.

I would then lose 20 points.

My points expire in Feb use year.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to stay too long because I shall be going by myself with my just-under-3 year old (my DH has a schedule that does not allow travel on these dates).

Do you think someone might be interested in a point transfer? I looked on a site but it said 95 points minimum. I am not sure what to do, so any advice is much appreciated!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I would just stay the extra day!

You don't have to be out and rushing about, but just enjoying the time away ... especially since you have the points to use.

faline
07-31-2012, 09:41 AM
I'd also suggest staying the additional day. It needn't be a park day - hang out at the pool. They do have a terrific pool there!

suebeelin
07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
OK--- I'm about to buy my tickets to Orlando now. I'm just really scared of being by myself with my toddler, who is (as with any toddler) a handful.

I am excited--- any tips?? And should I buy my airplane tickets now? They are about $300/pp from NJ/Philly at the moment...

MaterializedHaunt
07-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Your going to love it and by the time you get to the last day your going to wish to stay more nights! :number1: Also there is just SOOO much to do. But I assume you know this? Sound like its your frist time alone. Just take it easy and go with the flow and take in all that Disney magic!

As for flight tickets, it is completely your choice. I personally wait for a near $200 round trip pp. I fly Hartford (BDL) to MCO non-stop. You are closer to MCO then I am so I would assume you would get about the same deal if not better? But like I said that would be your judgement, I personally wouldn't want to say wait on it, only to watch the price go up. If it was me I would personally wait though. Hope this helps!

Pirate Granny
08-01-2012, 08:28 PM
The pool and beach to play in for a toddler will be perfect for you at the Beach Club. Actually the airfares from Detroit have been the highest than they have been in years. I used to get $200 on a regular basis, but it's been closer to three for our last trip and the two coming up in Oct and Nov. you may be able to rent out those points...twice I rented for one night at the BCV and VWL before we bought our DVC. And found someone on the rental boards who had a small number of points. I actually offered to buy all 20, 'cause I only needed 18, but the lady refused my offer to buy the additional two points, said she was just happy to make the reservation using most of her points.

VWL Mom
08-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Are you using 2012 points? You still have time to bank the extra 20 if you're not going to use them.

Since DH isn't able to go maybe you could find a friend or relative that you'd like to travel with. If you had the extra hand than you'll have some time to actually relax and enjoy that extra day.

MinnieMommie
08-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I agree about checking the use year to see if you can save the pts. If you can't though I understand your sense that this might be a long time to be at Disney alone with your toddler but as others have suggested there is much to do for just the two of you. What a special memory you will create and both be able to look back on! With journaling your experiences together, photos and videos you will have a wonderful gift your child and you will have to share for the rest of your lives. :mickey:

BrerGnat
08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I sort of feel like if you are willing/able to do 6 nights alone with a toddler, what's one more night?

There will be plenty of stuff to do even if you don't go to the parks.

I would also maybe see if anyone can come with you (relative or friend, maybe). It will be tough managing a 3 year old alone, regardless of how many days you will be gone.

DCDisney
08-06-2012, 12:13 PM
It also means that with the extra day, during your stay you won't feel rushed to do anything. You can take your time, go back to the room for naps, just play in the room, sleep in late or go to bed early.

If your hesitation is because of trying to fill up the time with an energetic toddler, there are so many things to do, to tucker them (and you) out, that aren't even in the parks. There are splash areas at Downtown Disney for example. Spend a late afternoon over there, for a break.
So many things come to mind.
Relax and have fun ! I think we'd all agree, that if you can stay longer, do it.