PDA

View Full Version : Travel from MK to HS?

LisRich
07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
What is the easiest/shortest way to travel from MK to HS? (using WDW transportation)
Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-30-2012, 03:24 PM
I thnk the easiest is to walk over to the Contemporary, and take the HS bus.

There is park to park transportation, but I believe that at MK it leaves from the TTC, so you'd have to take the ferry or monorail to the TTC, then the bus to HS.

Main Street Jim
07-30-2012, 04:12 PM

There is park to park transportation, but I believe that at MK it leaves from the TTC, so you'd have to take the ferry or monorail to the TTC, then the bus to HS.This is all correct :thumbsup:

phillydan
07-31-2012, 01:53 AM

I actually just did this tonight and it worked out OK - I believe it took us about 30 minutes. I did not know that the bus also stopped at Poly and GF, so it was not a direct ride to HS. Not sure if going to TTC would have saved any time.

Pirate Granny
07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
I would have gotten a bus to the Swan, dOlphin or boardwalk and walked over.

MickeysBestPal
07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I would have gotten a bus to the Swan, dOlphin or boardwalk and walked over.

That walk is a bit father than the one from MK to the Contemporary, but
that's a viable alternate.

And, the route would offer the convenience of having a Friendship boat
from those resorts to the DHS gates as an alternative to walking.

riley1129
07-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Definitely the bus!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
I agree that walking to the Contemporary and taking the DHS bus from there is the best way, with the second-best way being a bus from MK to any Epcot resort (Swan, Dolphin, BW, BC or YC -- there are two separate buses from MK to these resorts: one goes to Swan and Dolphin and the other goes to BC and YC. Boardwalk is grouped with one of these two, but I can't recall which.). If there was a way to know how soon the next bus would be leaving the Contemporary for DHS, it would help make the decision. For instance, if you knew as you were walking out the front entrance of MK that you had just missed a bus from Contemporary to MK and would have to wait another 20 minutes, it probably would be quicker to catch the bus from MK to any Epcot resort (whichever bus comes first), then walk or take a Friendship boat from that Epcot resort to DHS. But I am not aware of any way to know when buses are arriving and departing specific stops, so your best alternative to me is to walk to Contemporary and take the bus to DHS.

mechanic
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Monorail to a resort is also an option.

Main Street Jim
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Monorail to a resort is also an option.
Yes, but not the "easiest/shortest" like the OP was looking for :)

Resort Monorail would have to stop at 1) Contemporary; 2) TTC; 3) Poly; and 4) Grand Flo (before getting back to MK). But - to get to the Resort Monorail, you'd have to exit MK to the right, and up the ramp, *and* possibly wait a Monorail or two before boarding. To *walk* to the Contemporary, you simply exit MK to the left (past the bus stops), and a short 5-minute-or-less walk to that resort.

You also have to keep in mind, that buses run approximately every 20 minutes or so, so if you see one pulling away, there's a short wait.

CleveRocks
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
By the same token, keep in mind that if you board the bus at Contemporary, it will stop at Polynesian and perhaps Grand Floridian before going to DHS.

if someone asks me the quickest or most efficient route between the two parks, I'm telling them to take the short walk from the MK gate to the express monorail platform, take the monorail to the TTC, then take the DHS bus from there.

mechanic
08-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I love monorail, so any excuse to ride it...